Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Brenda&Jeff09

• 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

These are some great ideas! I'm not sure what to do yet either... I was thinking about spa certificates for a massage or a pedicure before we go to Mexico for the wedding.

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#12 ShelbyFL

• 211 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

I hadn't even thought of this... OMG. I love this site, but I swear it creates so much more stuff for me to do. LOL. Oh my poor budget.
      My Mom and my SIL & BFF are throwing my shower...what in the world am I going to give them... hmmm... Bath & Body Works perhaps. Glad I read this thread and I still have more than a month to figure this out! Thanks y'all!

#13 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

bumping again, any new ideas ladies?

also, my mom is throwing a shower at her friend's house, do i get my mom something and her friend something as well? (i'm getting my mom a gift for the wedding)

and my MOH is throwing one as well with the help of the BMs, do i give them all something then, even though i'm planning on giving them gifts the day before the wedding? i can't afford much else don't know what to do?!?

#14 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

There are a couple of ideas in this thread:

I did "shower" items from Lush from the hostesses, but they were not BMs or part of the wedding party.

IMHO I think a handwritten note is a great way to thank someone for a shower, especially if you are already giving them something for the wedding.

#15 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Where I am from the bride doesn't give a hostess a gift, just a handwritten thank card. I didn't even know about till here, but I would have done what I did anyway. I don't have BMs but my mom throw me a shower and I took us to get 90 minute massages and then dinner after. I was going to do facials, but they were all booked.

I did hand write all my thank you cards to everyone. I think you need to do whatever is in your budget.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#16 MissSimone

• 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

i'd never thought of getting them anything. all good ideas ladies.

#17 *tinkertoy*

• 271 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I saw this great idea on the KNot DIY board. You get a pyrex baking dish (like the 9x13, although you could use anything I guess) and etch the hostess' name on the outside.

It looked so nice and everyone can use another one of those, right?

#18 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

I had my shower a week ago and I'm still trying to get out the thank you cards! I wanted to give hostess gifts but it's just too much right now and I need to slow down with all the spending.

Everyone will get a handwritten card. I got my Mom some flowers and a cute top for the trip. I got a small bathroom diffuser for my fmil and for my sis I will give her some $ to get her hair done before trip. They're all getting gifts for being part of the bridal party.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#19 Chrysta

• 169 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
                  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

WOW I didn't know we were supposed to get gifts for the hostess! Yikes! So glad I found this thread. Thanks for the info!

#20 BarbaraBusybee

• 150 posts
                  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Mexican Carnival Cruise

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

I did not know you got a gift either.  Hosted lots of showers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users