Photo

Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 beth

beth
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

What are y'all giving to your bridal shower hostesses as their hostess gifts? I was thinking about doing massages for them, but wasn't sure if I should do something tangible. Hmmmm......thoughts anyone??

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Gosh, I don't know. I have never been given anything when I hosted a shower. I am interested in knowing what people are giving too.

#3 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

My co-workers threw me a surprise shower so since I didn't know I didn't get them anything. However, my aunt and cosuin are throwing my big bridal shower. I think I am going to get each of them a gift card to Nordstrom Spa for pedicures. I know they both like going there, and that way they can get their feet done before the wedding. Otherwise, I thought of Bath and Body Works gift sets, but I wasn't sure which scent to get.
        Michelle

#4 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

I've thrown a few showers, and all the hostess gifts were wonderful. At one I got a Votivo candle, which smelled so delicious. I think they are about $25 a pop. It's a little much for a candle, but it's the best candle I've ever had! At another shower, I was given one of those super super soft robes (like the ones at Brookstone made out of that amazing material) with my monogram. At my sisters, I received a Tiffay's crystal heart box. It's so beautiful, and I use it as my E-ring holder. Along those same lines, I got a Waterford crystal heart for graduation. Just a few suggestions. Hope this helps!

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

Last week my friend got her FMIL these really pretty dessert plates. I was planning to do something like spa gift certificates for my mom, and two friends that are each hosting a shower for me. It does not have to be a big gift, but it is nice to acknowledge all the love and hard work that someone puts in to hosting a shower for you :)
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

My roommate just got back from a shower where each kind of the deserts were on a cute plate. At the end of the shower, each guest got to take one home. The one she got was a really cute painted plate, with a big cupcake on it. It sounds cheesy, but really is precious, and it's a cute idea.

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

that's a really cute favor idea Casey.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

I've never heard of people giving hostess gifts for showers until this site. I guess it's not a common thing to do where i'm from. Hmmm, not sure what i will get mine, i don't have much money left so maybe just a thank you card and a really nice candle.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 *Casey*

*Casey*
                  • 5,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                    I've never heard of people giving hostess gifts for showers until this site. I guess it's not a common thing to do where i'm from. Hmmm, not sure what i will get mine, i don't have much money left so maybe just a thank you card and a really nice candle.
                    Maybe it's a southern thing. I always just thought it was standard. I'm sure they will be appreciative to receive anything. I always think that the handwritten note card is always the most important and personal. There's nothing more powerful than the written word.

#10 LIW

LIW
                    • 197 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

Bump.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I was wondering if anyone had some more ideas for hostess gifts.

My MOH is throwing me a shower next month and I know she's done a tremondous amount of work and planning, and has spent some $$.

I would really like to get her something for all her hard work.

What I have come up with so far is I bought a beach bag, and I was going to get her a nice beach towel, a bottle of wine and a gift card for Chapters. I was wondering if anyone else had some other suggestions.

Also, a few of my other friends have helped her out. They aren't bridesmaids, but they are helping her organize the shower. I'd like to get each of them something small as a thankyou. So you have any suggestions for that?
                      http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users