When should I send Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

How far in advance do I have to send out the Save the Dates/Invitations? If I want to have a wedding in August can I just send out the full invitation in March or is that too short notice for people?

#42 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Please use the search function. This question has been answered a zillion times.

#43 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

yup, Yari is right there are many threads on this, please search the forum, as explained in the first thread

there are probably 10 more....

#44 meghan

• 832 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hey everyone,
          I want to send out formal paper invites for my wedding July 2, 2010, but I'm not sure when I should send them out. I sent out my Save the Dates October 2008, now I just need to set a date for when to send out my invites, and when to request RSVPs by.

If you are sending out Formal Invites, how many months before your wedding are you sending them out, and how many months before your wedding are you requesting them to RSVP by??

#45 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

This seems to be THE question!
            I sent my STDs at the 1 year mark and will be sending my invitations at approximately 7 months, and asking them to respond 3 months in advance.

#46 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

I sent STD's 6 months in advance (we only had an 8 month engagement). We sent out formal invites 3 1/2 months before and asked for a response 2 months before.

IMO, if you send out STDS, you don't need to send the formal invites too far in advance, but regardless of when you send them out I don't think you want more than a 2 month window for rsvps because people forget if they are given too long of a time to respond.

#47 CrystalM

• 829 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

STD's went out in April, invitations are going out in late December with RSVP's due 1 month advance. The day after the RSVP date, I'm calling everyone I didn't hear from.
                I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#48 MissBlade

• 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

If you have already sent out your STD's and have a wedding website, I would think that there isn't a major rush to get out the invites. I've heard the average for a destination wedding is around 6 months.

#49 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

I sent out STD's 11 months in advance...invites 6 months in advance with an RSVP deadline of 2 months before

#50 Michelle613

• 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Wow good to know.. My wedding is June 2010 and I was thinking September is too late.. guess not Do you think there will be enough time for people to get tickets and book hotels?
                      Michelle & Arsen
                      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users