Send them out no later than September 1, with a late September RSVP date if you need a headcount by October 1. I can't explain why people think they don't need to respond, but invariably there will be a group that you have to follow up with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all...just looking for some advise on the best time to send the invitations.

Traditional at home weddings are 2 months prior to wedding. BUT we all want to encourage people to start booking for our destination wedding.

We are getting married May 1st, and leaving the 26th of April. We would like to get a good handle on whos coming for OOT bags, table arrangments, favors and all of that good stuff...is Januay ok to send the invitationshuh.gif

And do you ask for an RVSP and how does that work with the TAhuh.gif

Thanks =)

Hi finleys7 -

Our wedding dates are a week apart! I have the same exact question :)

This is what I did and what my plan is.... I sent our my boarding pass save the dates on May 1st 2009 and didn't ask for an RSVP by date, just directed everyone to my website and verbally encouraged RSVP's.

I am getting my engagement photos done this Sunday and then making a VistaPrint postcard to send to all those who haven't RSVP'd to please do so by November 1st (or October 1st if I get impatient) wink.gif

I'm designing and ordering my wedding invites soon as well, Passport invites to those who have RSVP'd and regular invites to those who "forgot" to RSVP with a response card and direction to my website once again.

I know, this is a complicated way to do things but I figured it would not offend anyone and I would in essence be rewarding the RSVPer's with a cool passport invite :)

I plan to send out my invitations in January as well to avoid all the holidays that can bury my invitation in the mix of things!

I hope that helped :)

Definitely helps...that's what I thought about January as well!!!

I sent the STD's in May as well but have only about 170 hits on the website (probably 70-100 from my finace and myself) =)

We have heard from a lot of people who are excited about it, but we sent 145 STDs and only 16 booked right now.

I won't be doing different invites...but should I stick with a traditional invite with RSVPshuh.gif? and a card with the TA's (my sister BTW) informationhuh.gif??

I sent out an initial postcard just to get an idea of people "thinking" of attending our DW 1 year in advance. Then sent out the Boarding Pass Save-the-dates 6 months prior to our wedding date, and we are now in the process of doing our Formal passport invitation. And that will be sent out about 4 months prior. Just to give our guest ample time to plan and save. I've received tons of feed back from our guests' thanking us for giving them this much time to plan, and also as a reminder. Hope this helps!!

I'm glad we're on the same page! As far as the website hits, I have been emailing people every once in awhile through the website promoting the special pricing on the rooms and encouraging people to book early.

I'm really staying on top of it and reminding people so that they get the best price, I'm sure I'm annoying but it's for their benefit.

It's funny because MOST of the wedding party hasn't booked yet, of course, they're making life difficult!

I also know once I give the RSVP by date I'll get about 10 more RSVP's.

I am getting married @ Azul Sensatori in Puerto Morelos, about 20 minutes outside of Cancun :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melette View Post
I sent out an initial postcard just to get an idea of people "thinking" of attending our DW 1 year in advance. Then sent out the Boarding Pass Save-the-dates 6 months prior to our wedding date, and we are now in the process of doing our Formal passport invitation. And that will be sent out about 4 months prior. Just to give our guest ample time to plan and save. I've received tons of feed back from our guests' thanking us for giving them this much time to plan, and also as a reminder. Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the advance on when to send out the invites. When did you ask your guests to RSVP by? How much time did you give them to respond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobeachbunny View Post
Thanks for the advance on when to send out the invites. When did you ask your guests to RSVP by? How much time did you give them to respond?
And how do you word the RSVP...because techically they have to RVSP to the TA and to youhuh.gif?

if it helps...we are sending our invites out on sept.14th and asking for rsvp's due on february 1st for our 4/24 wedding. figured give them plenty of time to save $$ and make plans.

we have a pretty good idea of who's coming and who's not to begin with so really, there's no rush for me to know immediately, seeing as how final payments aren't due until about 30 (or 60??) days before teh wedding. the thing that does suck is not knowing how many ppl to buy for, OOT bag-wise.

how many people are you inviting? is it pretty hard to get a good idea of who would be in or not?