Photo

The Date - any reasons why you picked that certain day?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone have a wedding date that holds sentimental value to them? Or a special reason why they picked that specific date?

We picked October 10, 2007. Just because, no reason really… haha we wanted to go away for the week of Canadian Thanksgiving that way our family and friends only had to take off 4 days rather than 5. We were trying to be considerate I guess. But I just found out that October 10th is my grandparents wedding anniversary too!!!! At first I was scared they would be mad… but they’ are very honored . Hehehe kinda cute and all the more special to me. Just thought I would share.

#2 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

We chose our date in large part because that's when the reception site I wanted was available...if we didn't book it then, we'd have to wait another 4-5 months for it to be available again!

However, when we were looking at things May 5th (Cinco de Mayo) seemed like a great date to get married. It's a festive Mexican holiday that is celebrated some in Texas and also, we got engaged in San Antonio which has a lot of Mexican influences. So it just seemed fitting.

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

No special reason why we chose our date, but we got engaged in October and we needed enough time to give our guests plenty of notice, but didn't want to wait until 2008, October was really the latest we could do it so it didn't get to close to the holidays.

#4 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

well 5/31 is the day we became a "couple"...my fiance says since I have a hard time remembering this, make it our wedding day (future anniversary)...and i guarantee after all this wedding planning i will never forget the day 5/31! lol lol

#5 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

Hey Melissa, that's my FI's birthday too! The cool thing for that he was born 10/10 and is the 10th grandson on both side of the family. :)

We havent' settled on a date. We both want sometime in January, but I want a Saturday so our guests can fly in for the weekend without having to take a bunch of time off, so we're willing to adjust the date, depending on which resort we finally choose...

#6 Debs

Debs
          • VIP Member
          • 7,104 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

We picked the week first then the date, 4/22. I have a really bizarre aversion to odd numbers, so this is pretty even! 4/22/08. We then realized it's FH's parents anniversary date too!

#7 Fotini

Fotini
            • 131 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

we picked 8/31 because it was labor day weekend

#8 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:12 PM

July 19, 2007 is the 4th anniversary of our first date, and supposed to be our wedding day, but it was not going to work that day, so we picked the day after so we will always have to do something extra special for each other because both anniversaries are right next to each other.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

We picked 12/8 because it worked with the vendors and the location. It just so happens that it is exactly 13 months to the day from when we got engaged. That's the closest to "meaningful" I could come up with.

#10 lulubelle

lulubelle
                • 148 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

We picked the same date as the day we met, just 20 years later! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users