Sign in to follow this  
ccwinn

wedding favors

I'm trying to figure out what to give away as favors at the end of our wedding but am having a hard time deciding on something since it has to be small and light since we have to take everything with us in our suitcases? Do you guys have any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Would you have time to buy something small when you get down there? I was thinking of doing that, and then bringing ribbon and personalized tags to put on... hmmm... because I think you, and I, will have so many other things we will have to drag down in our suitcases!

I thought about that, but there's just no telling what will be available down there. I wonder if anyone has shipped stuff down there. I just worry if it gets there before I do if it will be safe in the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwinn View Post
I'm trying to figure out what to give away as favors at the end of our wedding but am having a hard time deciding on something since it has to be small and light since we have to take everything with us in our suitcases? Do you guys have any suggestions?? Thanks!!
Hi CCWinn,

Please read this thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24194 in regards to where to post.

I will move this "wedding favors" thread from the Cabo section to the appropriate forum for you.

Thanks,
Alyssa

We just did OOT bags, but I've seen some really cute wine stoppers with starfish and the like. I think someone also got cookie cutters in the shape of starfish. There are lots of small favors that come in beachy themes... mini picture frames are always cute too!

You can also do wine charms, that is what we are doing for our reception favours. Mind you we are also filling up OOT bags too.

~~

I'm only doing OOT bags for our actual wedding. For our AHR I'm doing Hershey Bars with labels. I know myself if I have another knick nack around my house or something from someones shower or wedding I think I may scream. This way they can eat the hershey bar =)

Since I'm getting married in Jamaica, I wanted to give a location related gift.

At my local liquor store, I arranged original miniature bottles of "Appleton Jamaican rum". This is originally made in Jamica, the bottle's are made of light material, Im making my own tags and make little srols out of them, en tie them up with a straw, ( message in a bottle like ) but then outside the bottle. But like you Im having my wedding party after we get home from the wedding, so I dont have to transport them. But It would be easy to do, I think total weight is max. 5 kg, and it doesnt take alot os space. Maybe in Your case you could do authentic miniature bottles with tequila, since that is Mexico's brand! Good luck with it!! smile116.gif