Photo

Darnit - advice needed... (Re: STD and Website issue)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

We had all of our STDs printed up with www.MartinAndJaime.MyEvent.com on them. Well I'm going to order the full year package from My Event and they are having a special where they will give you a free unique domain name (so for example it could just be www.MartinandJaime.com instead of www.MartinAndJaime.MyEvent.com).

What do I do?? I would love to have the unique domain name but all of our STDs are printed, stamped, stickered and ready to be sent. All we were waiting on was the website! Grrrr. We're sending out about 80 invites so it'd be difficult to contact every single person about the change.

Advice...? What would you do?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 KLC77

KLC77
    • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

I would stick with what you have printed already to save yourself the headache of contacting everyone with the change. As cute as it would be to have something else, I'm all about less stress, so I'd stick with the first one. JMO
      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

I would ask them if they will direct the traffic from the .myevent site to your unique site?

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

If they cant' direct the traffic. Maybe you can just print out a little business card that says "Sorry but our webiste has been changed to..." and stick that in the STD's. I would say keep it the way it is but the unique name will be so much easier for guests to remember later.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well, you could see if they will redirect it like Jenn suggested, or you could change it and just add in a separte card with the new website (if your envelopes aren't sealed), or just leave it the way it is.

Really, the .myevent address isn't that bad, so if it is going to be a really big headache, I would just leave it the way it is.
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

i'd say leave it the way it is, i dont think its bad at all. the thing that is making you panic, is that YOU know you have another option to change that name to be "cuter" and thats why you're stressing, but no one would even know what it could have been so .. kwim? so i'd leave it alone and save yourself the stress... ;o)

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Excellent suggestions ladies :)

I will try contacting them and explaining my situation.

Unfortunately I just sealed the envelopes yesterday

I do agree that a simpler address would be much easier for guests to remember in the long run and would love to have it that way! But if it is too much trouble or I just can't make it happen then I guess I will have to keep it as is...

I'm totally kicking myself right now

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

i would just leave it the way it is. it's still an easy name to remember. plus i bet people bookmark it anyway, so really i would say it's not worth the hassle.

#9 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                  • Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Depending on how many people you've booked, you could shoot them an e-mail telling them of the change. If that's a pain in the butt, I really wouldn't worry about it. Remember, the guests aren't concerned about the domain name, just the info on it No worries!

#10 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

LEAVE IT! Honestly the name you have now sounds totally fine, its not too long and if people are planning to go back to it often they will most likely bookmark it! Thats my 2 cents for ya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users