Sign in to follow this  
kerryjbrown

Broken Toe?

I agree that you are supposed to tape it (not too tightly) to the toe next to it. My niece broke her toe last year and that's what she had to do. Stay off your feet as much as you can for a couple of days. You might need to go out and buy some wide-width sneakers for when you head back out to walk so your toe isn't cramped in a shoe. Just a thought...

I broke a toe during my senior year of high school and had to perform in a recital the next week.

You can see on the video that everytime I go up on pointe, I come right back down again...so painful! But I don't remember it taking long after that to heal.

Thanks all! I have buddy taped it and strapped on my heels for work...ouch. Appreciate all the advice, can't believe so many of you have also done this....and we thought men were the clutzy ones

OW, that sounds painful! Does it hurt? I would go to the doc just for some pain meds... but that's just me cheesy.gif Also I wonder if you should even be walking on it at all?

I know when I sprained my ankle they said to elevate it, ice it and take an anti-inflammatory (like Ibuprofen). I also had to use crutches for a few days.

I really hope you get well so that you can do your walk next month!

I totally feel your pain! I broke my little toe on Saturday and it HURTS! I can tell you that today is Thursday and it feels a TON better already- still swolled and brused, but it doesn't really hurt anymore! Good luck, my fellow gimpy friend!

My best advice is to do the buddy toe thing - keep it elevated as much as you can to reduce swelling and tonight lie on the couch - elevate your foot and throw a bag of frozen peas on your foot.

Ask dear FI to pour you a lovely glass of vino and just chill!

Hope you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillis View Post
My best advice is to do the buddy toe thing - keep it elevated as much as you can to reduce swelling and tonight lie on the couch - elevate your foot and throw a bag of frozen peas on your foot.

Ask dear FI to pour you a lovely glass of vino and just chill!

Hope you are feeling better!
Thanks! I love the champagne...my first goodie (not sure what those are called!) I am definitely going to take the vino route tonight :)