Sign in to follow this  
kerryjbrown

Broken Toe?

I am so frustrated....broke my 2nd toe today, I think....all black and cannot move it. Not worth going to the Dr. as you can't fix it right? Does anyone know how long a broken toe takes to heal? I am doing the 60 mile walk for breast cancer on 9/5 and can't afford to lose any downtime on training

BUMMER!!!!hissyfit.gif

If you take it easy for the next week, it will start feeling better. It should be alright by the time you do your walk as long as there is no more injury to the toe, and you don't over do it too much.

I have been there, so I know that are able to find a comfortable way to move around without causing too much pain to the toe. It will just take a few days. Take care!!!

Ouch! That's crappy timing. Fingers and toes are my specialty (to break that is). I agree, give it a week or so at least to rest it and if it's feeling better go back to your training. Don't push it now though, or there will be no walk for you.

Good luck! Feel better.

Yikes. I'm sorry. I'd ask my DH but he's sleeping. I just fractured my nose this past week and theres nothing you can do for that either and it HURTS! I thought I remembered taping your toe but I'll ask first. I'm not the Doctor. I would take it easy.

My mom just broke her big toe a week ago and all the doctor gave her was this velcro brace that hold the big toe in place, one of those shoes and some pain meds and told her to take it easy. But I think as long as you be easy on it, it should be alright.

i think you are supposed to tape it to another toe. i could be wrong. i broke one in 7th grade & it still hurts when i wear heels. I didn't do anything about it when i broke it.

Oh that stinks :o( I hope it feels better.

I swear I broke my toe one time falling in my 5 inch heels all drunk. It didn't turn blk and blue though, ?, so maybe I just severely pulled something. My toenail on that toe grew in funky for a while, I really stubbed it. lol.

you are supposed to "buddy tape" it to the next toe. i just broke before the wedding. it was painful for about 2 weeks. i ended up losing a toenail. i have broken my toes multiple times and my feet three times. i am an expert! Unfortunately!

Aw, man, I am sorry, Kerry!!!!!!

I hope you feel better! I know you don't want to but I'm a big wuss and would prob head to the doctor's just to be sure it doesn't become infected or worsen.

I broke a couple of toes and part of my foot once, can you walk on it?

I had to go to the doc's cause I couldn't walk at all, i had to be on crutches for 6 weeks. At the time my mom worked for a foot doctor and i was in 8th grade, she would of made me go regardless.

I hope it feels better.