Photo

Broken Toe?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

I am so frustrated....broke my 2nd toe today, I think....all black and cannot move it. Not worth going to the Dr. as you can't fix it right? Does anyone know how long a broken toe takes to heal? I am doing the 60 mile walk for breast cancer on 9/5 and can't afford to lose any downtime on training

BUMMER!!!!

#2 EricaG

EricaG
    • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:09 AM

If you take it easy for the next week, it will start feeling better. It should be alright by the time you do your walk as long as there is no more injury to the toe, and you don't over do it too much.

I have been there, so I know that are able to find a comfortable way to move around without causing too much pain to the toe. It will just take a few days. Take care!!!
      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 Tara

Tara
      • 473 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

Ouch! That's crappy timing. Fingers and toes are my specialty (to break that is). I agree, give it a week or so at least to rest it and if it's feeling better go back to your training. Don't push it now though, or there will be no walk for you.

Good luck! Feel better.

#4 Birdie07

Birdie07
        • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

Yikes. I'm sorry. I'd ask my DH but he's sleeping. I just fractured my nose this past week and theres nothing you can do for that either and it HURTS! I thought I remembered taping your toe but I'll ask first. I'm not the Doctor. I would take it easy.

#5 Angel

Angel
          • 2,635 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

My mom just broke her big toe a week ago and all the doctor gave her was this velcro brace that hold the big toe in place, one of those shoes and some pain meds and told her to take it easy. But I think as long as you be easy on it, it should be alright.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

i think you are supposed to tape it to another toe. i could be wrong. i broke one in 7th grade & it still hurts when i wear heels. I didn't do anything about it when i broke it.

#7 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

Oh that stinks :o( I hope it feels better.

I swear I broke my toe one time falling in my 5 inch heels all drunk. It didn't turn blk and blue though, ?, so maybe I just severely pulled something. My toenail on that toe grew in funky for a while, I really stubbed it. lol.

#8 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                • 933 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

you are supposed to "buddy tape" it to the next toe. i just broke before the wedding. it was painful for about 2 weeks. i ended up losing a toenail. i have broken my toes multiple times and my feet three times. i am an expert! Unfortunately!
                  My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#9 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:44 AM

Aw, man, I am sorry, Kerry!!!!!!

I hope you feel better! I know you don't want to but I'm a big wuss and would prob head to the doctor's just to be sure it doesn't become infected or worsen.

#10 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

I broke a couple of toes and part of my foot once, can you walk on it?

I had to go to the doc's cause I couldn't walk at all, i had to be on crutches for 6 weeks. At the time my mom worked for a foot doctor and i was in 8th grade, she would of made me go regardless.

I hope it feels better.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users