Photo

Dress Problems - Your Quick Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Yes you ladies always have great advise... OK I just ordered my dress yesterday http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26686
    The owner of the salon just called and they are no longer cutting the dress so they can not get me the dress in my size, the model dress was a little small in my bust and they feel they can let it out to be equal to the size I ordered since the dress I ordered was big for my waist and I fit in the model dress they would just have to let out the bust. She offered me a discount on the dress since it is the model and to give me my vail would you do it or start looking for a new dress.
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

do you love it? is it THE DRESS? if so, i'd buy that one. otherwise i'd start looking again.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

I would take the deal! If they think they can make it the same size, why not?

There are lots of options for alterations. Worst case scenario, they could convert the back to a corset so you can adjust accordingly.

#4 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

If you are in love with the dress take the deal! It looks beautiful on you and letting out the bust shouldn't be an issue.

#5 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
          • Banned
          • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

I say if you love the dress, go for the deal!

#6 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

I call it horseshoes!

That is really good luck for you!

You get the dress of your dreams at a discount!?!?

WOW... the picture looks fantastic - and if the dress shop thinks it can be altered -they are the experts!

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

I just talked to the owner again and she did not mean she would give me a discount, veil and take in the dress. She will give me $120 credit either towards my dress (so a refund since we paid 100%), or get the bust taken in. I want a simple veil so I planned on making that myself rather then spend $120, does anyone know how much alterations for the bust taken out are? The dress shop is about 1hr 30min from my house and they will take it to a place up there to let the dress out, I think I should then also have that person do the rest of my alterations since she will know what she did to let it out or do you think I could then use someone around my house to do any other alterations.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

If you love it, then I would get it. And I would probably stick with the same person for all the alterations just to save time, even tho its far from your house they will have it for a while, then if you bring it somewhere new~ they will also have it for a while. Its a great deal to get the $120 credit.
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#9 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
                  • 459 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hmm...doesn't sound like they're giving you enough of a deal. Samples are usually pretty deeply discounted-- like 50-75 percent off. I would see if she could go further down on the price before I'd agree to anything. Who knows how many people have tried it on, what cleaning/repairs it would require on top of the alterations. You could end up paying even more than you would for a new dress.

If she won't budge on price, I'd either try to find it online or go with another dress (and dress shop) entirely.

#10 lscilley

lscilley
                    • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

I think if you love the dress take the deal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users