Confused - ROR or Riu Negril?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sally

sally
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:23 AM

Hi Ladies

I need your help deciding between the Rui Ochos Rios and the Rui Negril??

Which would you recommend?
    I am leaning towards the ROR but is Negril livelier and will it have more to entertain our guests?

Help Please

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi Sally,

Have you searched through the Jamaica forum? we have SO MANY threads about these resorts!

#3 bellemiche

bellemiche
      • 32 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I got married at the Riu Tropical Bay (the resort close by to the Riu Negril) and loved it. We visited the Riu Negril (just a short walk down the beach) and it looked nice as well. The beach at the Tropical Bay was awesome!

#4 sally

sally
        • 302 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

I have read so many threads on this but wondered if any one has visited both resorts and could give me more info

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

I have only been to ROR, but I have friend who got married at the RUI Negril and she had nothing but good things to say. I found more excursions in/near Ocho Rios so that was our deciding factor.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#6 mcv05001

mcv05001
            • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the info. I've finally decided on ROR over Riu Negril. Now for all of the planning....
              Counting down the days.......

#7 sally

sally
              • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for your help, I think it will be ROR but we are going for a visit in September to put my mind at ease.

#8 DelightfulDani

DelightfulDani
                • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

does anyone know if it is true that the rui negril is much smaller than ROR and the dinner and wedding options are limited?

#9 DLyteful

DLyteful
                  • 879 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DelightfulDani
                    does anyone know if it is true that the rui negril is much smaller than ROR and the dinner and wedding options are limited?
                    I did hear tha the Rui Negril resort is better if you want a smaller setting, but I cant remember where I read that and I have not been there myself. How many guests do you think you will have and will most be young or older? Will they want to do more party type things or just relax? I think Ocho Rios has more party type stuff to do and Negril is more relaxed. but again i havent been there myself.

#10 sally

sally
                    • 302 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

Just back from ROR this weekend and this is definately THE place for us............ SOOOOOO EXCITED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users