I spent the afternoon in the ER (nothing serious though)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Spazz

• VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Ugh...I'm such an idiot. I was walking out of an office at work and was holding the door for someone behind me and talking to someone in front of me. Well the person behind me turned around and I let go of the door not realizing my fingers were in the crack. 3 of my fingers on my left hand got stuck in the heavy heavy door (that slams shut if no one is holding it open). The doctor who was in front of me didn't realize it happened because I couldn't talk I was in so much pain; so it took a good 20-30 seconds for him to realize and free my fingers. So I spent 3 hours in the ER this afternoon (good thing I work at a hospital). My fingers luckily are not broken. But 3 of them are purple from bruises and I'm going to lose all of the nails. The cartilage on my ring finger was showing so they had to numb it and then do minor work on it so now it's in a splint. I'm in so much pain and all I can take is Tylenol b/c I'm pregnant. Just wanted to vent and let you know I'll be reading but not posting very much b/c I can only type with 1 hand.

#2 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

ugh you poor thing lizz, that has happened to me a couple of times actually, once even in a car door and the driver didnt realize and started to drive and i was screaming. i know the tylenol just aint gonna cut it - try to go somewhere else in your mind so that you are not thinking about the pain, i swear it will help if you can relax and let your mind go.

#3 samanthag

• 896 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

You poor thing!
      I'm sorry you are in so much pain!
      At least it's not anything serious!

Congratulations on your baby! :)

#4 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

OUCH! So glad it wasn't anything serious! Hope your fingers feel better!!!

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

omg - OUCH! i cringe thinking how painful that must be. so glad you're ok though!

#6 Mylee84

• 287 posts

ouch!!! you poor thing! hope those fingers get better soon!!!

#7 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Oh owwwiee!!! That sounds so painful Lizz! Does that mean you get a freebie ER visit too? Our deductible is outrageous for ER visits.
              Happily married since 2008

#8 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

Oh no Lizz!!! but seriously when i first saw the thread i almost had a heart attack b/c my 1st thought was your baby - whew! ok - i am really sorry about your hand - hhmm, how can we turn this around?

ok, mike has to wait on you and do all the housework and you should take a couple days off work, ya know, 'to heal' haha

#9 tvt

• VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

ouch!!!! that sounds so painful!!!

#10 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

My first thought "OMG" that must have really hurt! Especially since the person in front of you took 20-30 seconds to realize what was going on!!!!! I haven't shut my fingers in a door in a while but ohh...I can just imagine the pain!!!! Get better soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users