wedding in 6 months?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Roxielees

Roxielees
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hey all.

My guy and I decided on a destination wedding when we became engaged a few weeks ago. We are bringing along just our brothers and their girlfriends as well as two close friends. We have decided on Cuba and have narrowed it down to two resorts. We are hoping to book something in October or November for our January or February 2009 wedding. Are we crazy?

Anyone else have to deal with disappointing people who assumed they would be invited but won't be?

Am I crazy thinking that I can find a dress in October for a late January wedding? I would go shopping now, but I want to book first.

I have been a lurker for awhile and I want to thank you for all the help I have received thus far.

Roxie

#2 Kathie

Kathie
    • 2,654 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I don't think you should have a problem finding a dress in October for January. Good luck.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

Welcome!

You can throw a wedding in a week if you want to. It all just depends on how detailed you want everything to be and how flexible you can be.

Good luck and happy planning! We'll be here to help if you need it!

#4 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

YAY for another Canadian Cuban Bride!!!!!

Be sure to check out the Cuba thread for a ton of info!

#5 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!!
            Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Congrats! No you are not crazy our wedding in in a little less then 7 months away and I am buying my dress next week, but a lot of girls have been able to get one off the rack. Have fun planning!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
              • Banned
              • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

You aren't crazy! We got engaged in May, are getting married in January and I am almost completely done with everything and it's August 1st (I just like to plan and get things done early) The trickiest part is booking people in time, but if you are only having a few people it shouldn't be that difficult. As far as people being sad about not being invited, for us it was very important to have our parents, siblings, and a few close friends (we're having about 20 guests) There were a few people who tried to invite themselves but we knipped it in the butt right away, and told them that this is a private wedding, and that we will be having a big Colorado AHR when we return. If you choose January, you should Join our January Brides thread (we'll keep you right on track hehe) http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21722

#8 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

The funny thing about our wedding is that we invited my FI's best friend and he can't make it so he decided to give his invitation to someone else! What nerve. I have had many people make comments about not being invited and we decided to have an AHR in October.
                  Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#9 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

welcome!
                    we were engaged and married w/in 7 months. it's possible! i'd start looking for a dress asap b/c if you have luck like mine, it'll take 5 months to come in!

#10 Jen5372

Jen5372
                    • 228 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

You can totaly do it-plus the less waiting time-the sooner your day comes!!

We got engaged (officially memorial day weekend this year and our wedding is on 8/8! We had about 100 days!! ( Olympics countdown reminds us daily)

Best of luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users