Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#451 amodew

amodew
  • Newbie
  • 18 posts

    Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

    I am also considering using the violinist. Have any of the DT brides on this forum used the violinist already? If so, how was he or she?

    #452 can't wait!

    can't wait!
    • Member
    • 517 posts

      Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by alin & mako
      Can't Wait

      We are hiring the violinist for our ceremony. Is that when you are using them? Would you mind sharing your play list with me for the violinist, I've been trying to come up with one but I suck with music...

      Yes, I had planned on just using a CD player buy my FH surprised me and said he wants to hire a violinist for our ceremony. We are still compiling our list but I can share what we do have so far....

      Songs while our guests are being seated:
      "Chapel of Love" ( the 50's song)
      "Air on the G String" - Bach
      "Ode to Joy" - Beethoven

      Other songs:

      "Ave Maria" - Schubert
      "Canon in D" - Pachebel (while my bridesmaids and flowergirls walk down the aisle)
      "Bridal Chorus" - Wagner (MAYBE?!)
      "The Wedding March" - Mendelssohn ( at the end of ceremony, as we walk out)

      Still trying to come up with others....does anyone have suggestions?!

      #453 Melissa24

      Melissa24
      • Newbie
      • 35 posts

        Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

        I am so excited that I have to share with everyone! I have the best big sister ever!

        A couple of weeks ago she came to me and said " How much do you trust me?" I said " a ton!" she said "I am going to make you wedding invites! What color do you want, what accent color do you want and any special design?"

        I was blown away that she was offering to do this for me! I told her she was crazy and that I did not want her obsessing over having to do this for me.

        So she gave them to me this weekend and as soon as I saw them I started to cry, they are more than I ever thought they would be.

        Here is the finished product:

        Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.

        All I have to say is she is the best sister a girl getting married could ask for!

        #454 beachformeplease

        beachformeplease
        • Newbie
        • 18 posts

          Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

          What beautiful pictures you take! Really nice! In your opinion where would be the best outdoor area for a reception after seeing the grounds? I was stuck on the El Patio, but want a bit more privacy and want to have a DJ. I am now thinking one of the pool areas. Any feedback would be great!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Theresa08
          I just got back from my wedding on 8/18. The first thing I have to say that I didn’t hear at all in this thread is that the place is spectacular!!!! I was so impressed with the grounds, etc. They were immaculate and beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. As for the smell that some of you mentioned, some of my guests did experience it in their rooms. One was so bad that she had to move. My brother said his room smelt of cigarette smoke that didn’t go away either so he moved as well.

          My wedding was fabulous. We were 43 people in total. We had the ceremony on the beach at 3PM, the cocktail hour at 4:30 PM, outside at the top of the stairs and the reception at the Seaside Grill at 6:30 PM. We booked back in March so they honored the “old” wedding guide.

          The ceremony was beautiful; we had a beautiful day/week. Honestly, you can’t go wrong when you are in a beautiful place. All of the weddings that I saw when I was there was so beautiful, so don’t stress over extra decorations. Even if you don’t do anything, it will be gorgeous


          The cocktail hour was nothing to speak of in terms of food, but we warned our guests to eat a late lunch to hold them over until dinner. Having it on top of the stairs allowed for great pictures there.

          For the reception we had a buffet and it was fabulous. The menu for the buffet has now changed, so I am not sure what the new one will be like. The cake was delicious. We did the 3 milks with pineapple. It was so great. There was plenty of food. I also had a kids menu for some of the younger kids in my group.

          Based on the recommendation of one of the brides in this thread, we used this DJ - Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.


          #455 sgbrown

          sgbrown
          • Newbie
          • 130 posts

            Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MarryingMyBestFriend
            I just posted in the newbie forum and wanted to post here too.

            I'm an imposter DT bride for the time being, while we await the final details from the TA (I have my heart set though, so *fingers crossed* I'll be a DT bride-to-be by the end of the week!!

            We're hoping for the first week of May (2nd-9th). According to the things I've read, the earliest I can be married there is May 7th (thursday), which, coincidentally, is my 27th birthday. The 8th would work too. Still have to book though, and noticed there is a May 7th on this forum so I'm not sure.

            Username MarryingMyBestFriend
            Names (optional, first names only) Laura And Scott
            Date & Time 1st week of May, 2009
            Wedding package - not sure yet
            Wedding extras (and cost charged) - boys golf trip, something fun for the girls (TBD), and a group excursion (possibly boat cruise/dinner/drinks). Love the idea of a bonfire though too!
            Type of ceremony - Symbolic
            Coordinator - not sure yet...
            Number of guests - thinking 30-50 will RSVP, we'll see!
            Ceremony location - beach
            Reception location -hoping beach
            Photographer - not sure
            Videographer - resort
            Hi Laura,

            My name is Sarah (sgbrown) and I happen to be going to Dreams Tulum from May 2nd - 9th and getting married on May 7th - what a coincidence! I happen to know that there is another wedding already scheduled on May 7th other than mine. The resort policy is to only allow 2 weddings per day (supposedly), although I have heard of instances (perhaps last year) where there was 3 allowed in a single day. Don't feel too discouraged, but consider asking Lizet/Landy which days they have available in May and let them know that you have to follow the legal 4 day requirement. Perhaps that might be an easier route in securing a day since I know that May is pretty busy. Good luck!

            #456 Blkatz

            Blkatz
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,025 posts

              Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sgbrown
              Hi Laura,

              My name is Sarah (sgbrown) and I happen to be going to Dreams Tulum from May 2nd - 9th and getting married on May 7th - what a coincidence! I happen to know that there is another wedding already scheduled on May 7th other than mine. The resort policy is to only allow 2 weddings per day (supposedly), although I have heard of instances (perhaps last year) where there was 3 allowed in a single day. Don't feel too discouraged, but consider asking Lizet/Landy which days they have available in May and let them know that you have to follow the legal 4 day requirement. Perhaps that might be an easier route in securing a day since I know that May is pretty busy. Good luck!
              Hey Sarah!! How is the planning going?

              #457 rabbitnow

              rabbitnow
              • Newbie
              • 49 posts

                Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Melissa24
                I am so excited that I have to share with everyone! I have the best big sister ever!

                A couple of weeks ago she came to me and said " How much do you trust me?" I said " a ton!" she said "I am going to make you wedding invites! What color do you want, what accent color do you want and any special design?"

                I was blown away that she was offering to do this for me! I told her she was crazy and that I did not want her obsessing over having to do this for me.

                So she gave them to me this weekend and as soon as I saw them I started to cry, they are more than I ever thought they would be.

                Here is the finished product:

                Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.

                All I have to say is she is the best sister a girl getting married could ask for!
                Very Very cool of your sister to do this for you - you will have saved a ton as well as have something so very original. Good Luck now
                Anna

                #458 trisha0612

                trisha0612
                • Jr. Member
                • 491 posts

                  Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

                  Oh my god.....we leave in less than a month (october 4th)....I can't believe how fast it is coming...

                  I didn't even consider music for while the guests are being seated...

                  I have not received anything from Landy..including something to fill out for a confirmation....huh? anyone else?
                  Travis & Trish
                  10-10-08
                  Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

                  #459 cendcar

                  cendcar
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 163 posts

                    Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by trisha0612
                    Oh my god.....we leave in less than a month (october 4th)....I can't believe how fast it is coming...

                    I didn't even consider music for while the guests are being seated...

                    I have not received anything from Landy..including something to fill out for a confirmation....huh? anyone else?
                    Hi Trisha,

                    I got an email from Lizet asking for the wedding planning guide to be sent in by today, 09/08. Did you not get that? I know that Landy is on vacation until the 18th so I have been sending emails to Lizet. Please let me know if you need the guide and I will be happy to forward yout the email I got from them.

                    Send me your email address through a PM.

                    Almost there! My heart will not stop beating. I bet you are the same way! Also, for "interim music" I am planning on doing instrumental beach/water songs....Sea of Love, Under the Boardwalk, Beyond the Sea, Somewhere over the Rainbow....

                    #460 B&J2008

                    B&J2008
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 266 posts

                      Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by trisha0612
                      Oh my god.....we leave in less than a month (october 4th)....I can't believe how fast it is coming...

                      I didn't even consider music for while the guests are being seated...

                      I have not received anything from Landy..including something to fill out for a confirmation....huh? anyone else?
                      I haven't got anything either Trish. I sent you an email earlier. What's up with that? I remember some of the other girls saying that received emails confirming their wedddings and details the month before the wedding. I'm already really frustrated with them trying to plan this thing over email.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users