Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3121 taranyc

taranyc
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hi Sunbride...thank you for the info and the suggestion to look on the other forum for more on sparklers. I just don't want to spend the $$ and then have them taken away on the plane. :)

Tkolman773...thank you so much for your review. We have been looking at the Ultimate package, but after reading your review the free one sounds like the way to go! Thank you for the full breakdown of your costs...it helps so much!

btw...I just sent an email to Landy and Aurora regarding many things (sparklers, lights in the pool, etc)...I will share their response once Ihear back.

Happy New Year to everyone!

#3122 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
    • 344 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

I emailed Natalia today to ask if there are picture options for different center pieces. She emailed me with a power point presentation that has some cool options. I haven't been able to upload the pics to this forum but if someone knows how, I can email the presentation.

#3123 angruck

angruck
      • 248 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by snicker_doodle53
        Hi everyone, first-time post in this tread! Getting married January 20th (2 weeks!) and can't wait!

I have a question that the new brides may be able to answer... I went with the free package and sent my wedding coordinator the wedding form stating which bouquets and boutonnieres we wanted (based on the pamphlet), but after looking at your pictures, there seems to be MUCH MORE available than the ones shown on the pamphlet.

Is this something that we can discuss with the wedding coordinator when we get there, or should we let her know in advance that we will probably want to change the flowers to more tropical-looking ones?
        Once you arrive at the hotel they are going to coordinate a time to meet with you and they are going to go through each thing one by one with you at that time. If you want, you can change it. You can also send an email so you can say you sent it before you arrived. Anabel was our coordinator and she was wonderful.
        Angela & Chris

#3124 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AmyandRich
          I emailed Natalia today to ask if there are picture options for different center pieces. She emailed me with a power point presentation that has some cool options. I haven't been able to upload the pics to this forum but if someone knows how, I can email the presentation.
          I would love to see what she sent you since I am trying to firgure out my centerpieces now. My email address is jerzygirl85@aol.com I'll try and post it.

I received an email from Anabel about the prices for vases. (I think someone a few posts back wanted to know about this). Hope this is helpful.

A small vase is $12; large vase is $16
          Candles are $6 each which I think is crazy!
          Steam with orchids (submerged in water) $18 each
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3125 Cheri

Cheri
          • 110 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by taranyc
            Hi Sunbride...thank you for the info and the suggestion to look on the other forum for more on sparklers. I just don't want to spend the $$ and then have them taken away on the plane. :)

Tkolman773...thank you so much for your review. We have been looking at the Ultimate package, but after reading your review the free one sounds like the way to go! Thank you for the full breakdown of your costs...it helps so much!

btw...I just sent an email to Landy and Aurora regarding many things (sparklers, lights in the pool, etc)...I will share their response once Ihear back.

Happy New Year to everyone!
            Hi Girls!

I just got a response from Aurora stating I could hire my own DJ, but no sparklers or "cold fireworks" are allowed. Bummer!!! Have they been used there before??

#3126 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
            • 706 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just posted my planning thread. Hope this link works. I'll post a review when I get back. I'm leaving on the 16th.
              http://bestdestinati....ad-pics-53628/

#3127 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
              • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

can you email what she sent you? jaynreneewed@yahoo.com. Thanks :)

#3128 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AmyandRich
                  Could you email these to me also....watsonvl@my.hiram.edu...thanks!
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3129 jmb0902

jmb0902
                  • 496 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cheri
                    Hi Girls!

I just got a response from Aurora stating I could hire my own DJ, but no sparklers or "cold fireworks" are allowed. Bummer!!! Have they been used there before??
                    We just got married on Nov 28th and used DJ Dorremixx (he was great!) who brought cold fireworks (and they were pretty impressive) that went off at the end of our first dance. We didnt' even think about asking if it was "allowed" - and he's worked there a lot so I think they know his routine!

#3130 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
                    • 75 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tkolman773
                      Hi everyone!

We got back a few days ago from our wedding at Dreams Tulum. We loved every minute of it! Here is my review - I may need help to figure out how to do that fancy link thing.

http://bestdestinati....amazing-53469/

Not sure if that will work but you can give it a try - if not, it's under the review section.

Hi tkolman! I have a quick question about your review, which was awesome and so helpful, by the way. How was alcohol handled during dinner? There aren't any extra costs for that over and above the $20 per person, correct? Did they serve it, or did guests go to the bar and get their own?

Also, because you had the DJ, did DT charge you the dance floor fee of like $800 (Or whatever it is?)

Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users