Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

As for the 750 dollar set up fee.  If you do not get the ultimate or the dreams of love wedding package, you do have to pay the 750 set up fee. If you do get a package, no fee is necessary, unless you have over 20 guests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi LauraAsh,

 

I do not know who you were asking this to, but I thought I could answer.  My hubs and I got married at Dreams Tulum May 16th of this year.  We did the Dreams of Love package and had 50+ guests come to celebrate.  Part of the package was the resort photographer.  We had them for an hour (an hour at the beginning of the reception).  It was nice to see some pictures prior to getting our professional photos (Claudia Rodriguez).  The resort photographers did a good job but our professional one blew those photos out of the water.  I highly recommend spending money on an outside photographer.  We had to pay the $750 as we rented out the Seaside Grill.  It was a great place for the reception.
 

Originally Posted by LauraAsh View Post

Which package did you have?? Just wondering if you had the resort photographer included in the package and if so if you used them as well as sweet fire



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day again,

 

 

I have a question..... is it true you can't start planning any of the inimate details with the DT resort until 2 months prior to your wedding. This is what they told me in an email. I feel like there is too much to plan to wait that late. Perhaps I am reading it incorrect.

 

 

Thanks, Amy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



They will not send you the 'form' to let them know what flowers, decorations, etc that you want.  They will send you a detailed list of all of these.  They have you wait this long due to how busy they are with current weddings.  Just get an idea of what you want now and then when they send the wedding contract form you will be able to fly through it. 

Originally Posted by My BIBI View Post

Good day again,

 

 

I have a question..... is it true you can't start planning any of the inimate details with the DT resort until 2 months prior to your wedding. This is what they told me in an email. I feel like there is too much to plan to wait that late. Perhaps I am reading it incorrect.

 

 

Thanks, Amy



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!
Im debating on doing the free package and just adding on everything i need/want or going with the dreams of love package. Im having the reception poolside
 & having between 30-40 people, but i want to cut some costs since i want an outside photographer, what are the "extra costs" i should be aware of if going with the free package????  i heard something about a $750 fee??

Also does anyone know how the 3 hours included for reception works????
 

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post


Hi LauraAsh,

 

I do not know who you were asking this to, but I thought I could answer.  My hubs and I got married at Dreams Tulum May 16th of this year.  We did the Dreams of Love package and had 50+ guests come to celebrate.  Part of the package was the resort photographer.  We had them for an hour (an hour at the beginning of the reception).  It was nice to see some pictures prior to getting our professional photos (Claudia Rodriguez).  The resort photographers did a good job but our professional one blew those photos out of the water.  I highly recommend spending money on an outside photographer.  We had to pay the $750 as we rented out the Seaside Grill.  It was a great place for the reception.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



What does this $750 set up fee include??? would i still have to pay the $165 set up fee (chairs & tables)

Originally Posted by geminiwanderlust View Post

As for the 750 dollar set up fee.  If you do not get the ultimate or the dreams of love wedding package, you do have to pay the 750 set up fee. If you do get a package, no fee is necessary, unless you have over 20 guests. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you :)

Originally Posted by geminiwanderlust View Post

As for the 750 dollar set up fee.  If you do not get the ultimate or the dreams of love wedding package, you do have to pay the 750 set up fee. If you do get a package, no fee is necessary, unless you have over 20 guests. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

We are getting married January 4th, 2012 at Dreams Tulum and I have a few questions that I hope some past DT brides can answer. We have tentatively booked the Wine Cellar for our wedding reception, but now I am wondering if we should have it by the pool instead. Did anyone get married last January and have their reception outisde? I know it can cool off in the Mayan at night...is it too cool at this time of year?For those that had their reception at the wine cellar, was it fairly costly to pay for a bottle of wine per couple? There will be 18 of us so I am thinking the cost of the wine would be worth it.Thoughts?

 

For photographers, we have booked one from outside the resort. Did anyone use both the resort photographer included in the wedding package and an outside photographer? I am trying to figure out how we could use both. We are having the Dreams of Love package so we won't be getting many photos from the photographer.

 

In regards to the set up of the wedding on the beach, since we have a wedding package, is the set up fee included? I have read the information in the wedding guide a few times and it still seems unclear to me. We are bringing our own decorations for the chairs and canopy and I am wondering if it is up to us to set this up or if they will do it without charging. I have read mixed reviews about the resort florist. I have heard that if you give her photos of exactly what you want, you will get it. We are making our own silk bouquets for the bridesmaids but I am thinking of getting centerpieces for the reception table. I heard Julieta is good but how pricey is she? I read other reviews saying that she ripped them off?

 

For the reception, we don't want to pay for a dance floor as this only going to be 18 of us. Did anyone go to the Disco at the resort after their dinner for dancing? I know that there are also night shows at the resort.

 

Lots of questions, sorry. I hope many of you can give me some feedback. This is such a great site!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DanniS, I am getting marrid at dream tulum in January and we have 57 booked so far. I was wondering if the resort charged you extra for the set up of the ceremony if you have the dreams of love package????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


They will ask you once you meet with the wedding coordinator how many chairs you will need set up.  We did have 54 guests come but of those 54 we had 8 in our bridal party so they did not need chairs for the ceremony :)
 

Originally Posted by Trista BC View Post

Hi DanniS,
I am getting marrid at dream tulum in January and we have 57 booked so far. I was wondering if the resort charged you extra for the set up of the ceremony if you have the
dreams of love package?huh.gif


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×