Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how many songs we need for the ceremony? I know I need one for my walk down the aisle, what are the other songs for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

Wow, Elissa! I'm so excited for you!! all your things looks so amazing. I know you've heard it before, but I wish you would have planned my wedding :). April 2nd is going to be here before you know it, it so so close, I can not wait to find out how your wedding went and to see pictures!! & Great job on the insanity workout, i'm thinking of trying I dont know if could make it! lol The photography told us we would meet right after the wedding coordinators meeting, is this how yours is going? I hope everything turns out beautiful, which I'm sure it will, I'm just getting so nervous! I feel like I am all over the place!!

Thanks Sweet Em!  You're the best!  I would have loved to help you!!!  Since the resort has WIFI, I promise to try and post pics on BDW (although the site is very iPad friendly).  I will definitely post on FB though.

 

Yes, we are meeting with Petar after Ariadna...I am getting a bit anxious...was up at 4 am today (couldn't sleep).  Got out of bed at 5 and finished some laundry and did my workout. 

Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

Does anyone know how many songs we need for the ceremony? I know I need one for my walk down the aisle, what are the other songs for? 

I have an attachment that was posted a while back in this thread that one of the brides received and it indicates that there are 4 songs:

 

1.  Entrance of bridesmaids & groomsmen

2.  Entrance of Bride

3.  Signing of symbolic certificate

4.  Ending Song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elissa I'm super excited to see your pics... April 2nd is just around the corner.

 

Thanks for outlining the song needs, I was just thinking about that this weekend.  Does anyone know a way to shorten songs up?  I really have my heart set on one song for me to walk down the aisle with but it is almost 3 minutes.

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah i have 3 months and I am going crazy! I wish they would just send a list of what people ussually do.  How is everyone doing their "reception?"  I have the mezzanine reserved at Chilli's at 630.  I want it to be fun and I have no idea what to do after dinner! they said the lyrico bar can only be rented until 1100, seems pointless to me if dinner is ending at 830.  That is probably the most stressful part about this whole thing is figuring out how to entertain everyone. 

 

I see you are posting about songs for the ceremony...do they have an ipod player? How does the music work for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcipriano View Post

Ah i have 3 months and I am going crazy! I wish they would just send a list of what people ussually do.  How is everyone doing their "reception?"  I have the mezzanine reserved at Chilli's at 630.  I want it to be fun and I have no idea what to do after dinner! they said the lyrico bar can only be rented until 1100, seems pointless to me if dinner is ending at 830.  That is probably the most stressful part about this whole thing is figuring out how to entertain everyone. 

 

I see you are posting about songs for the ceremony...do they have an ipod player? How does the music work for that?

 

Ours is 3 weeks away, and I'm still not 100%, but what else can I do besides just go with the flow, oh and a LOT of bit of stressing. I would love a list of what people usually do, that would help so much, but alas there is none =(. We are doing the same reception 6:30- Mezzanine at Chilis. After dinner for us and our thirteen guests I am renting out the daquiri bar so that we can continue to "party." Drink and dance. I just plan on doing my first dance and such here, since a semi-private reception doesn't allow for much of that. and I have a short window between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception dinner. I figured we could talk, dance, ect at the daquiri bar and let the night carry its own self away! 8:30 to 11, is still 2 1/2 hours of "fun?" As far as music, they do have an ipod hook up there, but I am also bringing in a CD to back that up, in case anything happens. I want to have my music for the ceremony. As far as reception goes with music, we are also bringing our ipod dock to plug into and act as our own "dj." I'm worried about flow, but at this point like I said I just have to let my worries carry me on to the day, and tell myself everything will turn out great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by yadeira View Post

 

Elissa I'm super excited to see your pics... April 2nd is just around the corner.

 

Thanks for outlining the song needs, I was just thinking about that this weekend.  Does anyone know a way to shorten songs up?  I really have my heart set on one song for me to walk down the aisle with but it is almost 3 minutes.

 

Thanks in advance.

Thank you, Yadeira!!!!  Me too!  LOL  April 2nd is 2 weeks from today!!!  So excited.  We leave a week from tomorrow!

 

 

Sadly, I do not know how to shorten songs....I was wondering the same thing...maybe we should GOOGLE IT!?!  What song did you wantt to walk down the aisle to?

Originally Posted by tcipriano View Post

 

Ah i have 3 months and I am going crazy! I wish they would just send a list of what people ussually do.  How is everyone doing their "reception?"  I have the mezzanine reserved at Chilli's at 630.  I want it to be fun and I have no idea what to do after dinner! they said the lyrico bar can only be rented until 1100, seems pointless to me if dinner is ending at 830.  That is probably the most stressful part about this whole thing is figuring out how to entertain everyone. 

 

I see you are posting about songs for the ceremony...do they have an ipod player? How does the music work for that?

It would make ALL OUR PLANNING easier if they could do that for us!!! 

 

Our reception is a private one at Chili's from 7-11 PM.  I beleive they will be setting up a bar there (I hope!)

 

The Lyrico bar is nice..it's an indoor/outdoor place.  It's where they hold their nightly entertainment.  There is another bar in the main lobby called the La Habana or there is a Sports Bar as well.  I also read there is a disco, La Pinata down the street at another Riu Tequila.

 

I believe they have some type of PA System or perhaps an ipod system where they can play music for your ceremony.  I have seen posts from past brides saying that was done for them.

 

 

Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

 

Ours is 3 weeks away, and I'm still not 100%, but what else can I do besides just go with the flow, oh and a LOT of bit of stressing. I would love a list of what people usually do, that would help so much, but alas there is none =(. We are doing the same reception 6:30- Mezzanine at Chilis. After dinner for us and our thirteen guests I am renting out the daquiri bar so that we can continue to "party." Drink and dance. I just plan on doing my first dance and such here, since a semi-private reception doesn't allow for much of that. and I have a short window between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception dinner. I figured we could talk, dance, ect at the daquiri bar and let the night carry its own self away! 8:30 to 11, is still 2 1/2 hours of "fun?" As far as music, they do have an ipod hook up there, but I am also bringing in a CD to back that up, in case anything happens. I want to have my music for the ceremony. As far as reception goes with music, we are also bringing our ipod dock to plug into and act as our own "dj." I'm worried about flow, but at this point like I said I just have to let my worries carry me on to the day, and tell myself everything will turn out great.

I agree Emily!  At this point I am going to GO WITH THE FLOW.  I am sure everything will be okay.  They do this all the time there so it will all fall into place for all of us brides.  It's just our fear of the unknown.  WE ALL NEED TO THINK POSITIVE!  :-)

 

The Daquiri Bar is the poolside bar.  I did not realize they rent that out.  Such a great spot.

 

Here's a picture I took of it the last time we were there.  Behind it is a seating area with some tables I think.  That will be nice!!!  As much as I am excited for mine - I am excited to see how all of yours' turn out!!!!!  xoxo

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jessd123 View Post

 

Is everyone using a bouquet provided in the wedding packages??

 

I do not think so...well at least not exactly.  I sent the new planner, Erika an email today with my bouquet ideas (sent some pics)...I guess Ariadna is gone.  Hopefully 3rd time is a CHARM!

 

Here's what I am thinking about - what do you think?  I want to do whites and greens and maybe a small bit of coral and wrap the stems with burlap & maybe a little blue polka dot ribbon.

 

 

 

 

700 700 700

700700

 

For Bill's boutonniere...maybe something with white & green and coral as well - with burlap somehow incorporated.

 

His suit looks like the pic below.

 

700 700 700

 

I kind of like the boutonniere pictured in the first bouquet photo I posted...with some added coral...

 

700

 

 

These were the photos the Riu sent - they seem somewhat dated.  Do you have something different?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FOTOS.pdf

Ramos de Novia 1 Boquet examples.pdf

Ramos de Novia 2 Boquet examples.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elisa's, those are the same pics I was sent for the Riu Palace Mexico and i think theyre very dated!! I then sent my WC three different pictures of bouquets I like, two of which had a bunch of stargazerr lilies and pinks, the other had flowers that I love like dalias and peonies. I asked for pricing on all three and what I got back "the first two pictures look like the ones our florist does so will be included at no extra cost" Ummmm I'm pretty sure I sent three pictures!! Communication fail again! Another big fail for me was when I asked for pricing to rent vases of varying heights similar to those in past pictures of centerpieces with rocks, flower and floating candle. Three times now I've been quoted for the entire set (including rocks flower and candle). Needless to say ill be bringing down my own centerpieces now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • So thanks to coronavirus, my husband and I have had to make alterations to our wedding. I don’t think I have to put this in, but this isn’t a joke and need we thoughts on this.   We’re planning on having our full, entire wedding inside this bubble (I’m inside it for scale). This is to get complete isolation from the virus and to prevent it from spreading to either of us, or if we have the virus somehow, spreading it to others. Both of will get inside it for the whole day (or at least that’s the plan). We are ok with making small to moderate changes from a typical wedding if it means isolating inside a bubble, but any big changes would mean we probably won’t use the bubble then. Are there any parts in the wedding that would be difficult or downright impossible to do inside this bubble? What are your thoughts on this idea, and what would need to be changed from a traditional wedding?  
    • Amazon it is a paradise for shopping. I always buy from this platform, especially when I look for a present. I've already set up Amazon Pro, for advanced buyers, and for free shipping, lol. In fact, I bought a lot of different products here. I like to make beautiful gifts, and packaging means a lot to me. I usually chose all the parts of the gift and then packed them at home by myself. But recently, at the wedding of my friend, I did not have time at all and I decided to look for a service that can help me. As a result, I came across a good website where you can buy different gift baskets. jetgiftbaskets.com I bought her a Wedding Wishes gift basket, and she was very happy. This service has excellent service, as good as amazon has.
    • Peach looks nice for wedding!
    • Sadly no .. its been a year and a half since our wedding and till this day we cannot get a hold of him.  We had a few people reach out to us and the same thing happened to them about a month or 2 after us. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...