If there is anyone out there who has picked the RIU Rivieria Maya Palace please be in touch with me. We booked for Feb 5, 2009 and am wondering about the DJ/dancing after the reception dinner- if you did this why or why not and was the open bar included? Any other helpful tips are much appreciated.

Thanks-

Jaime

Im getting married there on nov. 20th!

so I will give you all the low down on that.

I was also very concerned with the dj/disco thing!

I will take lots of pics and post them...when i get back!!!

I hope everything went well! I am looking for information as well and I am finding hard to get some. Keep us up to date. Congrats Archie!

I have lots of great info and pics!!! Im still waiting for my pro pics, but have plentyof non pro that i can share right now. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Your going to have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!

I have been lagging on my review because i want to share the pro-pics.

I will work on the review w/ pics tonight

I had my reception at Boto Fogo (which is Brazilian). I originally wanted it at Chili's, but I wanted a private reception with a dj for dancing and that is the only place they will allow that. (If you have 50+ people) At chili's they want at least 80 ppl to close it down for a private reception. But in the end, it was best, because it was more intimate for everyone. One suggestion is DON'T pay extra for a cake!!! It is NOT good, and they serve dessert at each restaurant. (we paid over $350 for 52 people and not one person ate it! LOL)

Here is the link to my Shutterfly Non-Pro pics. The first 24 pics are from the Riu hotel's photographer which does a wonderful job! Now I kinda wish I wouldn't have flown my own, but I can tell you that this guy is a pro and will do a great job if you hire him!

The rest are pics given to me by my guests.

(I should get my pics this week, per my photographer!)

Im done w/ my review, but wont upload it until I get a link to my pro pics.

Should be by the end of this week. I promise!!!

http://diazweddingriu.shutterfly.com/

Hi there

I'm getting married on Feb 11 2009. Initially I booked the disco when I thought that there would be over 80 guests. Now that the numbers are lower I have decided to bring my own IPOD. Hopefully everything will work out!

Archie510

Your pics are so great, you are a beautiful bride! Thanks for sharing them. I'm gearing up for the big day and if you have any suggestions let me know. I to was looking at restaurants for the reception and since we are going to have about 60 people I think we will do the same as you did at Bogo Foto. Was the food good? Thanks for the unpdate on the cake. If you don't mind what wedding package did you pick and were the services (spa, hair, nails, massage) good? I'm so excited that the wedding is coming up soon.

Jaime