• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1091 JOSIE

JOSIE
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paige2010
    Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! On that note- does anyone know the official rules on outside photographers for the Riu? I know desiree said the Riu photog were great but are any of you using anyone else?
    I am using an outside photog. Last I heard you just act like they are a guest at your wedding and it's OK. I think we had to make sure they were staying at the RIURM to avoid any issues. Not sure about what happens if they stay somewhere else or need a day pass, etc. I hope to find out more details soon :)

#1092 Paige2010

Paige2010
    • 208 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Josie- That sounds ok probably if they are a family/friend and can pass as a guest, but I would be scared to get caught with an obvious local :) So keep me updated on what you find out. When I emailed the WC for their policy she kind of avoided the question and just gave me the link for Calypso the resort photog.

#1093 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Paige2010
        Thanks Josie- That sounds ok probably if they are a family/friend and can pass as a guest, but I would be scared to get caught with an obvious local :) So keep me updated on what you find out. When I emailed the WC for their policy she kind of avoided the question and just gave me the link for Calypso the resort photog.
        I totally get that you'd be worried! My photog is an obvious external, considering i'm flying her from chicago & there are actually 2 photogs. but i think as long as they have a room its fine. but you might have to pay for a room for your local!

#1094 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
        • 174 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Does anyone know if you can get married on the beach at the RIU? Also, do you know if you can have a private reception on the beach?

#1095 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by gettingmarried
            Does anyone know if you can get married on the beach at the RIU? Also, do you know if you can have a private reception on the beach?
            You can get married on the beach...but the spot is not very private so their are a bunch of onlookers (this is what i've heard, no personal experience). I know you can have a private reception for 1700 dollars, but not 100% sure if you can have it actually on the beach

hope this helps at little :)

#1096 fallendragonfly

fallendragonfly
            • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

If you have any outside vendors, they will have to pay for a day pass, per person. Im not sure what the policy is if they actually stay at The RM RIU.

As far as the wedding ceremony, they will give a choice if you prefer on the beach or gazebo.

#1097 lors03

lors03
              • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hello all! I'm new to this board and I've finally gotten through all 109 pages of this post! I have to say it was one of the most helpful threads on here :)

I am not yet engaged, but my boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 and a half years and we've already started discussing what we'd like for a wedding. Both of us fell in love with Playa earlier this year when we stayed at the RPRM and we decided that we would love to get married there! So I'm just here to get as much info as possible before we start planning.

Thank you to everyone who has already shared their stories! I can't wait to hear the rest of yours and to add my own as well!

-Lorie

#1098 jetsbride

jetsbride
                • 794 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Welcome Lorie!!!

#1099 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
                  • 438 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

Welcome Lorie! We would love for you to share any info you can about your stay at RPRM!
                    *Katie*

#1100 lors03

lors03
                    • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

What kind of info would you like? I love telling people of the RPRM so don't worry about asking too many questions! Here's a link to my pictures from our trip in March :)

Mexico, March '09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users