Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSIE View Post
Paige - I have no idea how the DJ works, YET. I'm supposed to be contacted next month to start communicating with the DW Planner at the RIU and I'm so excited. I promise to fill you in on all the details.

I do know that I am definitely doing a traditional first dance and a father daughter dance. I'm HOPING I get to provide a song list too, and if I don't then I might consider the BOSE option.

Will keep you posted as soon as I know more!
The private reception includes a DJ among other perks,
however, it only applies for groups over 50 people and has an additional
cost.
$1700.00

I didnt get a private reception or DJ, we did not have 50 guest.

At the meeting with the WC, which is at RIU Mexico. The WC provided a list of songs for the Ceremony. We had to pick 3 songs. I only like one so I brought my Ipod and wrote down the other two song names and at which point of the song I wanted her to play them. She took the Ipod and list from me on the wedding day.

one song for the grand entrance , one for the signing of the legal documents.. I suggest two songs if you can talk her into it. It does take a little longer.. they had to replay the same song for me "i think." and one song for us walking down at the end.

I choose the gazebo .. It was nice .. I actually walked out of the Spa and got dressed in the Spa. I had just finished my hair and it was alot closer to walk than my room.

Brides be careful walking down the path if you decide on the Gazebo.. not very heel friendly. I had some pics of me looking down so I wouldnt fall and making sure I stepped on the stone. so remember to look up at the cameras. I plan on writing to the RIU hoping they would fix it for future brides.. the stones are just not very friendly. YOu will have bystanders viewing your wedding. I didnt mind at all. I even stopped and poised for them at one moment. :)

The shopping center on 5th street was very very close , a $5 cab ride and your there in mins. I heard at night is the best time to go, they have shows and more lively.

The margaritas at the hotel could of been better. The swim up bar closes at 6pm. and the pool closes at 8pm.

The Wedding Ceremony was the best part. I couldnt ask for anything more. It was absolutley wonderful.

Ohh.. The WC said we would not have to say anything but "I do"... wrong... during the ceremony he did ask us to say something about each other. Of course I didnt have anything in mind and I was suprised and panicked. I wasnt hard to think of anything, its just that I would rather have been semi prepared than not at all.

There was a topless lady behind us sunbathing.. not uncommon at the Hotel.

fallendragonfly,

thanks soo much for that i was umming and arrrhhing about the spa with hair and makeup you have just madr my mind uo for me.

it always makes me feel excited reading about other peoples weddings.

i think all we have to think ladies is all the brides have said there is nothing to worry about regarding the planning of the day.after all we are having dw for this reason lol

Thank you so much for the awesome review & advice fallendragonfly!! it's great to hear experiences that people have been through. :)

As for the reception, I plan on renting the disco, at the Riu Yucatan, because we do have less than the minimum amount, and it's a tad bit cheaper as well. Ael sent me some pictures of the disco though, I'm planning on decorating it a few hours before.

here are the pics

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you Fallendragonfly for your great review & advice! it's so great to hear about other people's experience!!!!

So, I only have 30 people going to our wedding, and since we're not having an ahr, we're going to rent out the disco at the Riu Yucatan. We were going to have a private reception at one of the restaurants, but the disco was a tiny bit cheaper. Ael sent me some pictures of the disco. So decided to post them. Sorry if they are a bit big!!

Fallendragonfly..thank you so much for posting so much info! I especially liked hearing the part about how easy it was going to CocoBongo and having that arranaged! I'm planning on having my bachelorette party two nights before the wedding, so it would make it so much easier being put together like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLaBate54 View Post
Awww...what color suit is he wearing? I finally got Ryan's shirt the other day, but now I have to find a pair of white linen pants for him. I might end up going with the same pants Josie got from Island Importer.
its a beige linen suit.as you guys know we don,t get much of a summer here in uk so we knew that we had to get his suit in the summer otherwise he would struggle for choice.so we went thinking we were being proactive and the sales people laughed at us saying we should have gone in april/may.so all the linen was in the sale which was a good thing but there was,nt lots of choice but he got a really nice one after some searching.