Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10201 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Victoria - What day in May is your wedding?  Theres a few of us at the beginning of May sharing a photographer, so if your within that week, you might be interested to!

Originally Posted by Vic0214 

HI what photgraphers did you guys hire? And how much is it costing you?

#10202 sunnywinters76

sunnywinters76
    • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

An outside DJ is a good idea.  Good to get some recommendations.  I'll have to check them out!  A DJ knows when to turn it up and get the party going.  Thanks for posting this! :)

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise?  I've heard that both DJ Doremixx and DJ Mania (both recommended on this forum and I think Kittenheart used Mania if I remember) are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the AS DJ.  Even with the $500 outside vendor fee?!?!

I'm still debating DJ stuff.  I would do the IPOD myself but FI feels that a DJ might be better (music is important for him).  We also have a friend who may be coming who's a DJ but I don't think I really want to ask him to work at our wedding....

Looking for opinions.

#10203 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
      • 309 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise? 

Looking for opinions.

Both DJs were booked our weekend so we're doing the iPod thing. I hear there's someone there from the resort that can control it for you. We're going to fool proof it so that hopefully, its easy to understand. We're doing a playlist for dinner (instrumentals), a playlist for dancing and putting our songs (i.e. 1st dance, etc) in their own list so hopefully it will go ok. I have to admit I'm having nightmares about this not going well but I just can't justify paying $1400 for a DJ from the resort and they won't even tell you who they use so you can get reviews ahead of time.

Just PM'd you

#10204 chong

chong
        • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Amanda!

Yes, it is so close. I am definitely stress out. I've been soooo busy at work I have not had the time to really work on wedding stuff. I am actually traveling for work on Monday and not returning till Thursday night. I have a final dress fitting on Thursday night and my FI leave to Baltimore for his bachelor party. We have 2-1/2 cases filed with just wedding stuff. My parents are bringing reception decorations for us so that saved us some suite cases.

I need to schedule a meeting with an onsite WC. We have the free sweet wedding package. I think I read somewhere that you have the same package. I also got the GI promotion through my TA like you did but decided to spend on the spa package rather than the private cocktail. I was planning to pay for hair/make up anyway so it worked out great for me. My mom and I are doing to pedicure and manicure together - FREE! can't beat that.

We still have to put together the music list and make the lights for the lanterns.

Few more things to do and I think I will call it a QUIT!!! We are flying into Mexico on Wed Oct 6. How about you? It would be nice to finally meet you and have a drink together!

Originally Posted by amandamarieb 

Chong! We are so close! I am so worked up/excited/stressd that I can barley do anything. How are you holding up? Are you all squared away? I'm not yet but getting close. Still waiting on the date of my onsite meeting with the WC team. Do you have yours.

What day do you get in? We should def say hello! I would love to meet you and see all of your wedding planning in action, well sort of...won't happen in action because I'll be getting married too.

Hey, out of curiousity, which of the wedding packages are you doing?

Ah...ok that's all for now. Back to work then home to stuff seating cards in the place card holders and start packing. I think we are going to have like 6 suitcases. AHHH!

Amanda and I are both getting married on Oct 10 (not to each other...but on the same day

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise?  I've heard that both DJ Doremixx and DJ Mania (both recommended on this forum and I think Kittenheart used Mania if I remember) are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the AS DJ.  Even with the $500 outside vendor fee?!?!

I'm still debating DJ stuff.  I would do the IPOD myself but FI feels that a DJ might be better (music is important for him).  We also have a friend who may be coming who's a DJ but I don't think I really want to ask him to work at our wedding....

Looking for opinions.

We are using Erik Rodriguez for 5 hours at cost of $2850. It's pricey but I do love his work and didn't have to bring a photographer with us to Mexico or pay outside vendor fee. I have the wedding photo package with all the costs. If you would like, please send me your email address and I will send it to you.

#10205 chong

chong
          • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

I just have to say...my TA is the best. I just got my travel package yesterday in the mail. She sent me a JUST MARRIED flip flop and GI Promotional Gift Certificates - Private Dinner on the Beach and Spa package for both us. She is so thoughtful!!! She's been the best TA to work with.

Her name is Gayle Hirsch with Destination Weddings. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a TA!

#10206 chong

chong
            • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

For those you got married on the beach... how long does it take to walk down the "aisle". I have a song that's too long but just wanted to know when where it would get cut off. Does it take about a minute to walk? Any thoughts?

#10207 Vic0214

Vic0214
              • 114 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

I 'm doing teh Ipod thing too let me knwo how it goes. I'm soo scared about it. My family and I are all about Dancing up a storm. Are you getting big speakers to go along with it?

#10208 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
                • 184 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

ooo how exciting! how is your planning coming along? whos your WC? mine is angie and she's really good so far. she replies no later than the next day!x

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

I am May 15th!

#10209 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
                  • 184 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

where are you all having your private reception. (meal & night time disco)

our first choce was the plaza zavaz but unfortunately its not available for us. Has anyone had the palapa yoga area near the beach? The photos look really good but not sure...

thanks

#10210 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
                    • 747 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

That is AMAZING!  I wonder if a lot of destinationweddings.com TAs do that...I hope mine does something like that.  Not only is it fabulous and thoughtful, but it's something that is above and beyond and you'll be telling everyone about (which you already did :) ) and that is awesome word of mouth advertising.

Originally Posted by chong 

I just have to say...my TA is the best. I just got my travel package yesterday in the mail. She sent me a JUST MARRIED flip flop and GI Promotional Gift Certificates - Private Dinner on the Beach and Spa package for both us. She is so thoughtful!!! She's been the best TA to work with.

Her name is Gayle Hirsch with Destination Weddings. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a TA!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users