• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just Martha
    My mom washes hers in a lingerie bag and hangs them to dry in the laundry room. Hers last forever....

I use washer and dryer...yes, bad!

Snap lmao

#12 Karen

Karen
    • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I just wash mine on the gentle cycle and dry them on my dry rack. I need new underwear. Bras and Underwear are always the last thing I buy myself. Maybe it's because I'm pretty much the only one who sees them (besides DH).
      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#13 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
      • 933 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

Christa, I usually put them in a mesh bag and hang them up to dry. you should try it and save yourself some time!
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#14 lscilley

lscilley
        • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

I wash mine in the sink and then I put them on a towel to dry. Mine have preformed cups so I usually put something under the cups so they don't loose their shape cause I have had that happen before.

#15 caroline

caroline
          • 697 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Oh my... Mine go in the washer (tsk! tsk!) and either in the dryer or left to air dry. If they can't withstand the washer and/or dryer, they're out! I find myself wearing the same (comfortable) ones all the time. I really need to purchase some new underwear that will be worn! I've a ton that just sit there...

#16 Copita

Copita
            • 979 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

I either stick them in the machine on a very gentle cycle and then hang-dry them/line dry them (usually on a hanger) or just hand wash and hang/line dry them.
              I never stick them in the dryer.

#17 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

I love that you posted this becuase just yetserday I put on a bra that was basically ruined and I think it's becuase my darling FI did not seperate it from the laundry when he dropped it off at the cleaners. Clearly they dried it and the wire hook was all warped. Usually i do like most and wash in cold and hang to dry. Christa - I am impressed! I hate hand washing stuff. I feel like it never really gets clean. But I think it's cause I'm a little lazy.

#18 Yvette

Yvette
                • 510 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

this is a great post, i was just telling my FI this morning about needing new bras. i usually stick them in the wash and that is so bad because they get so streatched out. but then i throw them on the counter to dry and that doesn't help either. after i buy new bras i am going to start washing them by hand now. great advice ladies!!!

#19 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

I used to work at Victoria's Secret. They recommend washing them in Woolite or some special detergent they sell on the gentel cycle. Let them air dry.

#20 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                    • 1,881 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                      I wash my bras in a mesh bag in the washing machine on cold. Then I hang them to dry on the door knob :)
                      this is exactly what i do on the delicate cycle. They last forever :)
                      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                      February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users