Jump to content

Photo

How should you wash your bra?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

    Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

    Might be a silly question but what is the proper way to wash your bra? I just bought myself the new BioFit Uplift Bra from Victoria Secret....I fell in love with them, so comfortable and very natural. So I want to make sure I don't wash it wrong, so they last for awhile.....
    So whats the best way....Yeah I've been lazy with my old bras and toss them in the washer and dryer, which I know you are not supposed to do.
    Thanks for the help

    #2 Davematthews16

    Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

      Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

      I wash my bras in a mesh bag in the washing machine on cold. Then I hang them to dry on the door knob :)

      #3 Martha

      Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

        Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

        My mom washes hers in a lingerie bag and hangs them to dry in the laundry room. Hers last forever....


        I use washer and dryer...yes, bad!

        #4 Kat81

        Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

          Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

          I wash mine normally then don't dry them. I usually toss them on the washer and let them air dry then by the time the dryer is done the bra is usually dry. I have ruined many a bra by drying them. Mostly because I always wore lined bras. The lining would get all messed up.

          #5 A10CalGal

          A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

            Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

            Wow, I am clearly working way too hard! Here's what I do:

            I hand wash my bras in the sink with Woolite & cold water. I swish one or two around in the soapy water & then let it sit for 5 minutes or so (ok, sometimes HOURS when I get distracted). Then I drain the soapy water and thoroughly rinse. I gently squeeze excess water out, being careful not to squeeze to hard else I create the dreaded wrinkle/bump situation. Then I lay them on a towel to dry.

            So, hows that biofit Drea? That's a pricey little Falker!

            #6 alex

            alex
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,139 posts

              Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

              I`ve had way too many bras get ruined by stretching in the washing machine from getting caught, so I usually wash them in the sink seperately & then hang them to dry!

              #7 Kat81

              Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

                Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

                I tried the Biofit on the other day. I liked it a lot. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.... Do you love it?

                #8 DreaW

                DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

                  Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christa
                  Wow, I am clearly working way too hard! Here's what I do:

                  I hand wash my bras in the sink with Woolite & cold water. I swish one or two around in the soapy water & then let it sit for 5 minutes or so (ok, sometimes HOURS when I get distracted). Then I drain the soapy water and thoroughly rinse. I gently squeeze excess water out, being careful not to squeeze to hard else I create the dreaded wrinkle/bump situation. Then I lay them on a towel to dry.

                  So, hows that biofit Drea? That's a pricey little Falker!
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kat81
                  I tried the Biofit on the other day. I liked it a lot. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.... Do you love it?

                  I do love it, just bought it today, yes, I bought 4!
                  Yeah they were 45 dollars each.....I charged it to my VS card....that's how much I loved it. Going to toss old bras away......So this is why I want to make sure they last.

                  #9 gkashmira

                  gkashmira
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,962 posts

                    Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

                    What is a bio-fit?

                    Anyway I hook mine closed and then toss them in the washer. I hang them to dry (I feel like maybe the dryer ruins the elastic?). I guess that's what my mom always did so that's what I do! Ha!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

                    #10 DreaW

                    DreaW
                    • Banned
                    • 2,462 posts

                      Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by gkashmira
                      What is a bio-fit?

                      Anyway I hook mine closed and then toss them in the washer. I hang them to dry (I feel like maybe the dryer ruins the elastic?). I guess that's what my mom always did so that's what I do! Ha!
                      this is the biofit bra
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      BioFit®

                      NEW! BioFit® Uplift bra

                      If you don't have the same cup size, why would you have the same padding? Cup-specific lift and shape provide natural enhancement for a personalized fit and customized curves. Underwire cups. Adjustable straps. Back closure. Imported nylon/spandex.
                      • A-cup for padded uplift.
                      • B-cup for lightly padded uplift.
                      • C-cup for shaping uplift.
                      • D-cup for contouring uplift.
                      • DD-cup for subtle uplift.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users