I just spent $350 on make-up...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

• 110 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

...and now I feel guilty as crap! Let me preface by saying I am really cheap about some things and splurge on others. Make-up is something I am really cheap about (usually)! I always buy drugstore brand make-up. I went to Ulta today just to get some foundation and powder for my wedding. The girl ended up doing my whole face, and I loved it so I bought everything. I feel sooooo gulity now.

I guess I can't me mad at FI for buying Sirius radio a few weeks ago...

#2 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

mmm it IS a guity pleasure hehe

#3 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

yeah, I normally spend very little on make-up, but for the wedding I spent 200$ (about 75$ for expensive eyeshadow and liner, 125$ for drugstore everything else).

At least you will get lots of use out of it, versus spending 50-70$ to have your make-up professionally done once.

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

MAC is what I usually spend a ton of money on, I am so feeling you!

#5 jajajaja

• VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

It will last a LONG time so stop feeling guilty. :) Granted you don't drop it like I have done. I lost my powder and bronzer during the trip- I dropped both and I was really pissed that it busted all up and it was barely used!
            Happily married since 2008

#6 AlmostMrsForbes

• 238 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

I feel you on this one. I had my makeup done at a salon before the trip, and loved everything. So, I went out and bought it all and spent @ $250.

I used to buy drugstore make-up, but I'm a total convert now. I loved the ways it looked, felt, and the fact that it lasted, didn't crease, etc.

I do think there's a difference ... DH almost had a heart attack. I told him it was kind of like his "golf habit" :-)

have fun!

#7 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

i love make-up. I alweays spen a rediculous amount of money on lip gloss carzy eye shadows that I wear one or two times a year and then it sits...and collects dust. But new make-up sure is fun :)

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

I am a splurger when it comes to makeup. It will last you a long time! Stop feeling guilty.

#9 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Oh I hear ya! I went to Nordstroms Sunday and bought my fair share of Laura Mercier make up $500 later, (bought brushes too). But I sure am enjoying it!

#10 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

i'm cheap too but when it comes to make-up i splurge a little. it will last much longer than any non brand in a drugstore. plus it's good that you got it now because you have a chance to play around with it before the big day. i wouldn't worry too much about the cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users