Photo

Payments to Chandalyn

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Destination08

Destination08
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Werid one...Is it better to try and pay Chandalyn Cash? Do they bill the extras to you on your room?

Everything is in US dollars correct?

Michael prefers cash for cheaper rates, right.

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

I paid both Chandlyn & Michael with a credit card. All together, I think I was paying close to $5000, so there was no way I was risking walking around with that much cash. The only person I person I paid in cash was the dj (because that is all he will accept) and it was $600.

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

I paid Chandlyn with travelers checks b/c i didn't want to carry that much cash with me and I wanted to make sure I stuck to my budget.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

I second Traverlers Checks.....also, I'm not sure about Chandlyn, but I think that some places (ex. Photoshop), charges you an additional fee if you use a credit card.

#5 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

michael does charge extra for CCs but everyone else took CCs from me, we just paid Nikki, chandlyn's assistant, for the DJ with our total bill, with a cc
            My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

We paid for our wedding/steel drum band and flowers by credit card. The florist charge is separate. There was no addition fee for either of these payments. I cannot comment on the photoshop though because my uncle did the photography.

#7 Destination08

Destination08
              • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

Everything showed up on your credit card in US Dollars though correct?

Thanks everyone! I think I like the Traveller check Idea as well. You used that for the minister as well?

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Destination08

Thanks everyone! I think I like the Traveller check Idea as well. You used that for the minister as well?
                  Yes, it was all USD on my CC.

I tipped Chandlyn, the steel drum band, the dj, minister, servers, etc. with cash.

#9 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Destination08

The minister was not paid directly. I paid everything (minister fee, band, reception, upgraded decorations) to Chandlyn except my salon services, reception entertainers, and photoshop. I'm not sure about the flowers since I didn't use Riu's vendor.

#10 msasfraz

msasfraz
                    • 392 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Marsha what vendor did you use for flowers? was it angels? what about your photography?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users