Photo

Talk to me about your AHR

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

FH didn't even want to have an AHR. After much feedback from our friends, I finally convinced him we should have one for those who can't be at the wedding. We are having a very casual bbq at a park. We rented the picnic area and we plan to play softball, volleyball, horseshoes, beanbag toss (one of our friends says it's called Cornhole, but that just sounds really bad), and something called Frisbee golf. We plan to hire someone to cook the food (we'll provide it), and have a bartender too. As for music, we can't have a DJ there so we're going to have our satellite radio boombox playing music. We will have a real wedding cake (5 tiers), but that's as wedding/reception-like as it's going to be. Also, we're having it before the actual wedding so that we can take advantage of the warm weather so we're calling it a Send Off party.
    - Grace
    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#42 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
    • 182 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

We just started talking about ours this week but so far our plan is to have an evening cocktail party - semi formal at the Muttart Conservatory. We are going to put up projectors and show videos and clips from the wedding for anyone who wasn't able to make it.

Were thinking somewhere around the 150 - 200 guest mark...

that's as far as we have gotten...

#43 sasse75

sasse75
      • 168 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

We are doing ours on a Friday evening 2 1/2 weeks after we get home, with approx 150 people. We have rented out a hall above the local Yacht Club, which I'm thrilled about because it ties in the whole water/beach thing. Guests will be served apps on arrival and than a few hours later we will have a small seafood buffet and food stations; carved beef with a variety of breads and spreads, made to order pasta station, mashed potato martinis and a chocolate fountain. Throughout the evening we are having a dj and open bar. As well my photographer is putting together a slide show of our photos from Mexico to be shown at some point during the evening. I plan on decorating with turquiose linens, lots of fuschia flowers and white candles....all ties into our wedding colours. Oh and the whole wedding party will be in the wedding attire

#44 amyrot

amyrot
        • 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Is everyone doing separate invites for the AHR?
          We are having ours about 3 weeks after we come home. there will be about 200 people. Its going to be outdoors with a casual BBQ chicken buffet and we are having a DJ. I don't plan to have the wedding party wear their attire or have a photographer. we just want to show off our pictures, celebrate with everyone, and have our first official dance with everyone there. Its so far in advance, maybe everyone will end up wearing their outfits once I see what they are!

#45 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

We are doing separate invites for ours. We will actually be sending them out in about 2 weeks.

#46 angruck

angruck
            • 248 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Im still debating whether or not to have an AHR-----I feel like I will be happy to be done with everything wedding after the ceremony in Mexico---does anyone else feel this way?

I am excited to get married--its the planning I don't like and I wasn't ever going to be a girl who wanted a big fancy anything---hence the destination wedding
              Angela & Chris

#47 angruck

angruck
              • 248 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Im still debating whether or not to have an AHR-----I feel like I will be happy to be done with everything wedding after the ceremony in Mexico---does anyone else feel this way?

I am excited to get married--its the planning I don't like and I wasn't ever going to be a girl who wanted a big fancy anything---hence the destination wedding
                Angela & Chris

#48 MayaLove

MayaLove
                • 369 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

We are going to have a luau for our AHR. It was hard deciding between having the wedding in Mexico or Hawaii when we first started planning. After we chose Mexico, FI came up with the idea of doing a luau AHR so we could still have a little bit of Hawaii as well. He definitely got some brownie points for coming up with that idea cause I never would've thought about it. :)
                  Jenna & Chris
                  Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
                  My BDW Blog

#49 BarbaraBusybee

BarbaraBusybee
                  • 150 posts
                  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Mexican Carnival Cruise

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

what is ahr

#50 kmk2016

kmk2016
                  • Moderators
                  • 1,468 posts
                  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
                  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
                  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

what is ahr

At home reception. Often held by couples wanting to share in the celebration with those unable to travel for the actual wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users