Photo

Wedding Gowns - You VS Model

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#31 lbourassa

lbourassa
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

I'm in trouble then... the dress models are all 6' and 95lbs... I love the slimmer, form-fitting dresses too.
    I plan to go barefoot, am 5'4", athletic 125lbs.
    Maybe I'll do the bikini and sarong thing.

#32 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
    • VIP Member
    • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

You girls are all gorgeous!! I like the "real girl" pics WAY more than the model pics. The models all look so uptight and overdone....and there's just nothing like the look of a bride in HER dress.

Also, you all have great taste! I've loved looking at all your dress choices...it almost makes me wish I could go dress shopping again! I seriously only tried on 3 dresses before I decided on one! Nice that I didn't have to agonize over it...kind of a bummer 'cause I didn't try very many styles and have more "dress expericence"

I love wedding dresses...

#33 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

Ibourassa, now you sound like my FI, he wanted us to do the whole Pamula Anderson wedding, bikini and all.. lol

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lbourassa
          I'm in trouble then... the dress models are all 6' and 95lbs... I love the slimmer, form-fitting dresses too.
          I plan to go barefoot, am 5'4", athletic 125lbs.
          Maybe I'll do the bikini and sarong thing.
          I'm with you - 5'4" and well, maybe more than 125 - lol - but I'm still going with "athletic!"

Don't you just want to feed those models? They look so hungry!

#35 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

ROFL.. So much to say Ann.. must hold back..

#36 lbourassa

lbourassa
            • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by gkashmira
              Edyta, Janet you guys look great!

Okay, here's mine (Janet, this model weighs about 100 pounds less than me too... well not 100 but a lot!). The model looks different in the dress - better in some places (tiny waist, long legs) worse in others (she's flat chested and I'm not )
              Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Where is that dress from?? I absolutely LOVE it!!!
              and it looks beautiful on you!!

#37 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

I'm also 5'4!!!! Except I'm about a deuce, a deuce and a half. Ok I don't know why but wedding dress shopping does not appeal to me. I never look for dresses and I have no desires to buy one. I am actually dreading it! But you guys all look great in your dresses!!! My sister says that models do the peeing pose b/c it makes you look skinnier since you hunch your shoulders foward to make the bones on your neck pop out. (My sister is quasi anorexic) It's so funny b/c I think "real" brides look so much better but girls here love the ano look where you have no boobs, or a butt and you look emaciated like your arms are going to fall off. A lot of people strive for that look here. I think it's Hollywoods influence.

-Glenda

#38 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

i've never been accused of being anorexic - that's for sure. well, maybe high school - but that was loooooong ago! i always joke that i am partially bulimic (sp?) - I binge, I just don't purge. Ok, I know it's not a joking matter - but that's how I explain my eating habits!

#39 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by akh
                    i've never been accused of being anorexic - that's for sure. well, maybe high school - but that was loooooong ago! i always joke that i am partially bulimic (sp?) - I binge, I just don't purge. Ok, I know it's not a joking matter - but that's how I explain my eating habits!
                    I have to make jokes about everything or else I will go crazy. This is a sad world we are living in today and if we didn't have humor and had to take everything seriously then we would all breakdown and have nervous breakdowns. So I say joke away. (Except that I realized that it is possible that someone on this board could have an eating disorder in which case my comments don't seem so funny anymore.)

-Glenda

#40 gkashmira

gkashmira
                    • 1,962 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lbourassa
                      Where is that dress from?? I absolutely LOVE it!!!
                      and it looks beautiful on you!!
                      The dress is Monique Lhuillier and the style is "Scarlet"
                      I am literally obsessed with my dress (you can ask the other ladies - they know and are so sick of hearing about it I'm sure!) but I also paid a lot for it (I have someone buying it from me after my wedding to make back some of the $$$)
                      Kashmira & Dan
                      Happily married since June 16, 2007
                      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users