Originally Posted by shanbeth
Okay Dreams Cancun Brides. I have a question and need your thoughts. We get married exactly a month from today and leave 3 weeks from Monday. All along I thought I wanted to legally get married in Mexico because I felt like it was worth it. While trying to write the ceremony I did get Claudia to email me the Judge's script and I'm not crazy about part of it, plus if I want anything extra it's like I have to get permission for it. Also we get there about 1:00 on Monday and get married on Thursday. Claudia did tell me that this was enough time because they can count Monday as a day and the actual wedding day, Thursday as a day so it will be 4 days in advance. We also have 4 guests(family members) that will be able to be our witnesses. Now I'm thinking that between having to schedule the blood tests and all the other legal stuff(plus it costs $660 ) that maybe we should have our minister marry us the day before we leave and then not tell anyone?? I'm not even sure that my FI will go for this but I'm just thinking of practical, plus I can make the ceremony more meaningful. It's just hard for me to think of doing it "legally" because it makes things easier. I'm afraid I would feel like the mexico symbollic wedding would not mean the same thing. Any suggestions?
We got married a week before the wedding at the court house and i can honestly say that i'm soooooo glad we did this!!! it was just us and our parents so it made it really romantic and meaningful. the whole time we were planning our wedding, i kept saying that i didn't want the courthouse to take away from the wedding in cancun and that it wasn't gonna be a big deal....but in the end it was a big deal. when the judge was talking and we started repeating the vows, it really hit me that i was going to be his wife, it was really exciting!!
HOWEVER, this didnt take away AT ALL from the wedding!! I had been working on our ceremony for a while and all the planning, the dress, the waiting, it all made the cancun wedding amazing! i'm really glad i got to have both expiriences, and i didn't have to deal with the hassle of the "legal" part in mexico. i say go for it!!
Originally Posted by chipotle99
Carolina, sorry to hear about your computer mishap I saw your pics on Juan Navarro's page...GORGEOUS...the whole thing, perfect. You made a beautiful bride!
Some quick Q's:
1. Where did you get your bouquet?
2. Did you tip the WC? Did you get freebies?
3. Why did Cecilia suck? (she's my WC...oh nooo)
4. Did you bring the petals that you scattered on the aisle? The whole wedding was sooo beautiful! Congrats!
sorry, havent been on for a while!!
1. flowers....plumeria's wedding flower boutique. Roberta is AMAZING to work with!! she answered my emails right away and really took time to understand exactly what i wanted. there are a ton of pics on her site and i chose a bouquet and tweeked it to make it perfect for me. plus i love love love that i get to keep my bouquet forever! highly recommend!!
2. i tipped claudia AFTER the wedding took place. we gave her $100. we had negotiated the sound system for the wedding beforehand so we didnt pay for that (you MUST have this if you're getting married at the gazebo, MUST). I noticed when we walked to the lighthouse for our pics, that she had decorated the garden area for the cocktail hour with those big white flags that you see in some pics. i was told before that these were extra, but we didn't get charged...prob b/c of all the issues we had with cecilia.
3. Cecilia: i called ONE WEEK before the wedding to ask questions about an email she still hadn't answered, and this is when she decided to tell me that she wouldnt be there for the wedding! WTF!! she also told me that she would foward everything to claudia so that she (claudia) would know what was going on. this NEVER happend!! when we sat down with claudia for our meeting, she had the wrong time for our ceremony, which meant the wrong time for the cocktail hour and reception.
she had our private welcome dinner scheduled as a rehearsal dinner on the wrong day; this meant she had to scramble to find a restaurant that would accomodate all of us and still be semi-private, since that is what we were paying for...she also had to make sure that they would make the dishes Cecilia and I agreed on b/c i printed specific menus for the guests.
when we checked in, our room wasnt' decorated AT ALL like the pics you see on this forum. no towel swan heart on the bed, no petals, no bottle of champagne and fresh flowers on the table...NOTHING! cecilia failed to mention that this is no longer a part of the package and you now have to pay for the petals and such; if she had let me know, i could have opted to pay for this since i'd talked it up so much to my DH for a year....or i could have fought it since when we signed the contract it was a part of the package!! either way she should have communicated this!
final straw: cecilia NEVER booked our dj!!! i happend to check my email at 1am the day of the wedding and i had an email from dj mannia asking me when and where our wedding was taking place!! later that morning once i woke up claudia called my room and explained to me that she assumed we brought our dj b/c cecilia never specified one. i explained to her that cecilia told me we could ONLY use dj mannia (even though i found a cheaper one) so obviously when i requested a DJ, i assumed that was the only one that would be booked!! claudia once again had to scramble to fix cecilias f-up and pulled some crazy strings to get the dj there on such short notice, i mean we're talking like 9 hours later!
i know several brides on here have had great experiences with cecilia, but too many big things went wrong for me so as a former b2b, i would recommend that you switch to claudia, lol!!
4. i brought 4 boxes of petals (i think 300 count each) in white and fushia. but i did trade for extra petals b/c i wanted our guest to be given petals to throw at us and i wanted tons of petals on the aisle (it was super windy so many flew away,lol).
like you know, i brought my bouquet so i traded the one in the package for 2 BMs bouquets. DH didn't want a bout, and neither one of our moms wanted corsages so i traded all of those for bags of flower petals. we ended up having tons of petals, it looked really great, better than the pics, lol!
anyway, good luck with everything!! if you have any other questions, ask away! it just takes me a bit longer now to answer b/c im soooo busy at work and taking a class on the weekends, but i promise i'll get back to you