Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Thanks for your words of wisdom ! Its just the not knowing of the "end budget" thats quite scary, I'm a very impatient person, I just wish people could give me a desission now and either book or say no we can't, I was even thinking of giving people a dead line for booking eg they need to have booked at least 6 months before we go but I could think of a reason to give LOL ! Has any one else given a dead line for booking ?
I didn't give them a deadline to book but I am sending out RSVP cards with a date to RSVP by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
So with the ultimate package it says you have three hours of an international bar.. after that what happens? You stop getting beers? You have to go get your own? I guess it's not a big deal 'cause we can always go hit one of the bars up right? What site would you all say is the best for the reception? I kinda want the beach but I am afraid of rain. If I pick the beach and it rains and I already book that DJ dude I am kinda screwed Hmmm any ideas?
As far as I knot, you can add an hour to your package for $10/pp or something around that. You can definitely just move your party to one of the bars onsite and avoid that fee.
Our wedding is during the day - around noon or 1 - and Daniella said that the beach and the garden would be too hot. I think that I remember you saying that you're around the same time right? There is no shade so you may have people sweating like crazy if you do it on the beach...So that leaves the ballroom and the terrace. It just depends on what you want... I think that we are going to go with the terrace because it more unique and we really didn't want to have a 'typical' wedding/reception.
Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
I didn't give them a deadline to book but I am sending out RSVP cards with a date to RSVP by.
I did that, but didn't get all the responses back and there were people that booked very late.
We followed up with emails and that still didn't get them.
There were a few phone calls as well.

I gave Claudia 50 people for the quote and we ended up with 41 adults and 5 children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might seem like a dumb question huh02.gif but what is the difference between the international bar and a regular bar?

 

Also does anyone have an opinion on the choice between the silver and gold menus? Is one better than the other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
As far as I knot, you can add an hour to your package for $10/pp or something around that. You can definitely just move your party to one of the bars onsite and avoid that fee.
Our wedding is during the day - around noon or 1 - and Daniella said that the beach and the garden would be too hot. I think that I remember you saying that you're around the same time right? There is no shade so you may have people sweating like crazy if you do it on the beach...So that leaves the ballroom and the terrace. It just depends on what you want... I think that we are going to go with the terrace because it more unique and we really didn't want to have a 'typical' wedding/reception.
Hope that helps!
Oh good point... I was thinking the beach would be amazing to watch the sunset and the waves... but you are right the guests might want airconditioning... good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
This might seem like a dumb question huh02.gif but what is the difference between the international bar and a regular bar?

Also does anyone have an opinion on the choice between the silver and gold menus? Is one better than the other?
International is pretty much everything they have, US, Mexican, etc.
I think regular is just Mexican.

We chose mostly the Silver menu since it came with the package, but there were items we liked from the Gold menu we had.
I don't have it off hand but I think it was the tortilla soup, a couple of the salads we chose from the gold. I'd have to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
So with the ultimate package it says you have three hours of an international bar.. after that what happens? You stop getting beers? You have to go get your own? I guess it's not a big deal 'cause we can always go hit one of the bars up right? What site would you all say is the best for the reception? I kinda want the beach but I am afraid of rain. If I pick the beach and it rains and I already book that DJ dude I am kinda screwed Hmmm any ideas?
I'm not sure about Paula, but we didn't have any additional bar set up, we just used the bar in the lobby of the tower, maybe because we had a small group we didn't need it? Not sure, but really it wasn't necessary, most of the time the waiters were right there getting you drinks and if they weren't we just ran up to the bar to get something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Thanks for your words of wisdom ! Its just the not knowing of the "end budget" thats quite scary, I'm a very impatient person, I just wish people could give me a desission now and either book or say no we can't, I was even thinking of giving people a dead line for booking eg they need to have booked at least 6 months before we go but I could think of a reason to give LOL ! Has any one else given a dead line for booking ?
Jodey, when we first sent out the information we had a lot of people saying they were definetly going, wouldn't miss it, so I got nervous we were going to have about 50 people, but then you know people start to realize they don't have the money or a babysitter, or whatever and the list starts to go down. I'm such a planner and like to know right away how many of each item I need for sure, etc... so it really annoyed me waiting for people to book!!

I did send out invitations with RSVP cards, I sent invites out in May for an October wedding, with RSVP deadline in July I think? Most people got back to us by then, but we did have a couple of late bookers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
This might seem like a dumb question huh02.gif but what is the difference between the international bar and a regular bar?

Also does anyone have an opinion on the choice between the silver and gold menus? Is one better than the other?
we ordered from the gold menu because it was included. I liked the meal choices better on the gold menu, the other stuff I think was very similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have pictures of the ballroom that they can email me? I have seen some of the ones posted here and I think I got some from Daniella. I just feel like I am not seeing the entire room. Most of the pictures I have are of the decorated tables and the dance floor. Is this a large room? I am trying to decide what kind of decorations other than the centerpieces, I might need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the ballroom that they can email me? I have seen some of the ones posted here and I think I got some from Daniella. I just feel like I am not seeing the entire room. Most of the pictures I have are of the decorated tables and the dance floor. Is this a large room? I am trying to decide what kind of decorations other than the centerpieces, I might need.
hey! im having my reception in the ballroom.. dunno what pictures you have and if they are any different than the ones i have, but if you give me your email ill send you the ones i have... ill be there in june for a site visit and make sure to takes tons of pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have pictures of the setup with the lights under the table that aren't promotional shots from the hotel? Does it really look that good in real life? Anyone definitely going that route?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×