Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

That is one thing you certainly don't have to worry about...I will put up a super long review.  If you have seen my planning thread, then you know I will bore you with details....

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/76481/leigh2011s-planning-thread-long-with-lots-of-pics/20#post_1691112

I plan on almost doing 2 reviews - one for staying at the resort (with picture of the facilities, etc.) and another one on the wedding (with pictures of the setups, etc.).  And between my camera(s) and the photographer that is coming with us, I will have a ridiculous number of pictures.

Originally Posted by futuremrsroo View Post

I am sooo excited for you girls gettin married this weekend! I hope you all have a safe trip, beautiful weather, and a LONG review with LOTS of pictures when you get back!!

Ok guys I just looked online at their wedding planning guide and the club terrace is listed as an option to hold your reception. I really don't understand why this would have changed by any means. I think we might all be good.

Leigh2011 I'm just getting in on the 6th so I'm going to miss your wedding. Your planning thread looks great! I hope everyone has a safe flight! I know that someone that told me they had a freind get married here I believe it was last Nov. and it wasn't that busy when it came to the pools, restraunts, etc. I think due to 11-11-11 weddings it might be busy from what my travel agent says, but I'm hoping for the best for all of us. All you 2012 brides will have lots of reviews to read when we all get home.

She told me I could have it so she had better not back down on that as well. I will be checking my contract tonight. I hope it is written in.

Originally Posted by Katnkiko View Post

I also asked for the club terrace and the w.c said it was not an option.

I have a random question, hopefully someone can help.  I sent my date request to Dreams this past weekend, do you know if you have to put down a deposit in order to pick the date?  Or does that come with the signing of the contract?

Thanks in advance :)

From what I remember, the wedding coordinator lets you know if your date/time is available.  If it is available, then the deposit is required to officially hold the date for you. 

Originally Posted by BreMarie View Post

I have a random question, hopefully someone can help.  I sent my date request to Dreams this past weekend, do you know if you have to put down a deposit in order to pick the date?  Or does that come with the signing of the contract?

Thanks in advance :)

I cant wait to see you alls reviews!! Best wishes to you <3<3

Originally Posted by hairdos11 View Post

Leigh2011 I'm just getting in on the 6th so I'm going to miss your wedding. Your planning thread looks great! I hope everyone has a safe flight! I know that someone that told me they had a freind get married here I believe it was last Nov. and it wasn't that busy when it came to the pools, restraunts, etc. I think due to 11-11-11 weddings it might be busy from what my travel agent says, but I'm hoping for the best for all of us. All you 2012 brides will have lots of reviews to read when we all get home.

Hi Girls!!

I am back. Just arrived home late last night.  Will work on my review etc.  In the mean time, friend me on FB Meghan Leeming Nenninger.  I have tons of pics.  But let me say....

My wedding was everything I dreamed of and YES, we survived what was a hurricane category 2, then a category 1, then finally a tropical storm.  The nerves were about shot by my wedding day.  However, all but 7 guests (of 64) made it, I got my wedding gazebo, cocktail hour outside, and photos.  Only thing was moving the dinner and reception inside the club terrace. Still beautiful and perfect (a tad hot though).

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts , I know you girls helped with that! :) 

Also, please be patient, those of you waiting on questions.  Honestly, after a the tropical storm, there was a lot a maintenance that had to get done, a lot of weddings still happening, but waiting to the last minute etc.  Give them a chance to respond.  I saw 5 weddings (besides my own) the week I was there.  They are busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But they are awesome!!!!!