Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Oh good!! We will be there at the same time!!  We should try to meet up, to at least have a cocktail together!!  I arrive on Monday.  I think you are in on Wed?? We meet with Claudia that morning.  Let me know...  WE can try and figure something out!! :)

Originally Posted by futuremrsroo View Post

Super exciting!! I can't believe so many of us are so close!! I leave on the 26th, (single digits, OMG!!) and will be married on the 28th!!

I've been stalking the weather channel and the webcam, too! Glad to know I'm not the only crazy bride! It makes me feel better if I can see people in the beach chairs getting some sun ;)

Hope you have wonderful wedding, and great weather Soon2B!

Mgl27: I'll probably see your wedding since it will be the day after mine ;)

I haven't looked up Barry Promo's but used seller KrazyGraphix on Etsy. It was the most reasonable I've found since I needed less than 50 koozies. I paid $35 for 40 incl shipping. He was quick too! 

Alright ladies - what are your plans for tipping?

I am thinking about tips for Claudia, the waitors, and the DJ.  Who are you planning on tipping and how much per person?  (how do we know how many waitors there are going to be?)

Hi Brides,

See the below email I received from the wedding coordinator today. Anyone that has been there know how the mexican fiesta works? Do you think our wedding will be affected on the Gazebo or the reception on the terrace? Is the fiesta around the whole resort or just in one place? I can't believe she is telling me this 3 weeks before the wedding!!

Dear Natalie:

I just realize that there is another hotel event on the Beach next to the gazebo, the same afternoon, in fact every Tuesday and Friday, are you ok with that? Tuesdays is the Mexican fiesta from the hotel to all of the guest and they play kind of loud music, since you are located for dinner on the terrace you will have the music on your wedding. Do you wan to change locations for reception dinner?

Cecilia Rangel

Thanks girls!!

If anyone on here has had or is planning a smaller wedding of 13 people including bride and groom, went with the ultimate package?  Or has anyone did a smaller package?  I need some help because last minute a few close family members couldn't make it, I'm sad but I don't want it to ruin my wedding.  I'm just trying to make it a good time for everyone that is coming and I want some great video and pictures to have at the reception back home.

I am so sorry you are just hearing about this now!  My gut reaction would be to move away from the Fiesta as I would hate for my reception dinner/dancing music to be lost in the Fiesta music.  But I am sure there are reasons you selected the Terrace that cannot be easily forgotten.

My guess is that the Fiesta is a beach party and is only located on the large beach next to the gazebo and the music could be heard either at the terrace or the garden location.  However, since the Himitsu beach is pretty far away, you would be able to have a more quiet event there.

Hopefully a former bride might be able to weigh in on this...

Once again, I am so sorry you are dealing with this now.  Please keep us up to date with what you decide.

Originally Posted by bnwedding2011 View Post

Hi Brides,

See the below email I received from the wedding coordinator today. Anyone that has been there know how the mexican fiesta works? Do you think our wedding will be affected on the Gazebo or the reception on the terrace? Is the fiesta around the whole resort or just in one place? I can't believe she is telling me this 3 weeks before the wedding!!

Dear Natalie: I just realize that there is another hotel event on the Beach next to the gazebo, the same afternoon, in fact every Tuesday and Friday, are you ok with that? Tuesdays is the Mexican fiesta from the hotel to all of the guest and they play kind of loud music, since you are located for dinner on the terrace you will have the music on your wedding. Do you wan to change locations for reception dinner?

Cecilia Rangel

Thanks girls!!

My wedding will be 27 including bride & groom, but when we booked it was a possibility to be under 20 (who knows how many people will end up booking) and I had decided that I would go with the Ultimate Pacakge regardless.  There are a lot of nice items in the ultimate package that I wouldn't want to have to worry about adding a la carte.  I just pulled up the document online describing the packages and it appears the difference between the Love Wedding Package and the Ultimate Wedding Package is $700 in 2011 and $800 in 2012.  For that extra $700/800 you get more photography, videography, a spa treatment, and the Mexican Trio (those seem to be the big items at least). 

Based on an email that I got a day or two ago from the video company, the videography included in the package is >$700 alone when purcahsed separately.  And supposedly the Mexican Trio is $560 for a set.  So, if you would want to add either of those items to the mid-level package (not to mention the extra photos) then I would just stay with the higher level package.  It could be worth asking whether you can trade those unused people (food, drinks, and waitstaff) for something else - like flowers or extra photography or something else you might want.  Can't hurt to ask.

Let us know what you decide.

Originally Posted by hairdos11 View Post

If anyone on here has had or is planning a smaller wedding of 13 people including bride and groom, went with the ultimate package?  Or has anyone did a smaller package?  I need some help because last minute a few close family members couldn't make it, I'm sad but I don't want it to ruin my wedding.  I'm just trying to make it a good time for everyone that is coming and I want some great video and pictures to have at the reception back home.

Departing Jan. 7, 2012 and getting married Jan.12, 2012!

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Alright ladies - what are the upcoming departure and wedding dates?

Leigh2011       

departing Nov 2

wedding Nov 5