Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

My parents were not booked yet so that is my mini panic attack! I hope to have it all sorted soon!!! I am freaking out just a little. Ok time to get stuff done, maybe this was the motivation I needed. I think its like this because its going into memorial day weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola ladies!

 

It is the morning after our wedding day and I just had to get on here and post! I know every bride says it, but we seriously had the most amazing, fun and perfect wedding here are Dreams Cancun!!!  Everyone was coming up to us telling us that is was the best wedding they have ever been to, even better than their own! haha! To all of you ladies...we all say it...DON'T STRESS, your wedding here will be amazing! During our meeting, I told our wedding coordinator, Cecilia, that we're very easy going and laid back when it comes to wedding planning and all the details.  She said to me that so many brides get so stressed out about the wedding and end up not have any fun during their vacation here.  She said "we do this all the time...let us handle everything for you."  So do not get stressed when you don't get an email back in weeks.  When it is a few weeks until your wedding date, that is when they really start getting everything set for you. I will get working on our review when we get home, and since we leave Dreams tomorrow, we will have to wait for our pictures to arrive via FedEx, so it may take a week or 2 for me to get some on here, but I should be getting pics that our friends/family took very soon!

 

And to clgriffi7:  It is always breezy/windy at the gazebo, so yes, fans are absolutely not necessary.  And we have stayed at Dreams twice now and have never had a problem with bugs here at the resort.  No bug spray needed.  I would only bring some in case it was needed in the jungle if you do one of the zip-line tours here...but we did one here during our last visit and had no problems with bugs there either.

 

Debbie  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!!!  And thank you for getting online the day after the wedding to reassure us all on how great everything will turn out.
I will look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your review - it is sad, but I wait for these like a kid at Christmas :-)

 

And thanks for answering my questions.  Everytime I see a new idea from other brides on this site I wonder if they would apply to us.  For instance, the last thing I saw was luminary table numbers...but I wonder if they would blow over with the wind of the beach.
 

Originally Posted by rudebaga View Post

Hola ladies!

 

It is the morning after our wedding day and I just had to get on here and post! I know every bride says it, but we seriously had the most amazing, fun and perfect wedding here are Dreams Cancun!!!  Everyone was coming up to us telling us that is was the best wedding they have ever been to, even better than their own! haha! To all of you ladies...we all say it...DON'T STRESS, your wedding here will be amazing! During our meeting, I told our wedding coordinator, Cecilia, that we're very easy going and laid back when it comes to wedding planning and all the details.  She said to me that so many brides get so stressed out about the wedding and end up not have any fun during their vacation here.  She said "we do this all the time...let us handle everything for you."  So do not get stressed when you don't get an email back in weeks.  When it is a few weeks until your wedding date, that is when they really start getting everything set for you. I will get working on our review when we get home, and since we leave Dreams tomorrow, we will have to wait for our pictures to arrive via FedEx, so it may take a week or 2 for me to get some on here, but I should be getting pics that our friends/family took very soon!

 

And to clgriffi7:  It is always breezy/windy at the gazebo, so yes, fans are absolutely not necessary.  And we have stayed at Dreams twice now and have never had a problem with bugs here at the resort.  No bug spray needed.  I would only bring some in case it was needed in the jungle if you do one of the zip-line tours here...but we did one here during our last visit and had no problems with bugs there either.

 

Debbie  :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to add this side note that I didn't put in my last post.  We had our ceremony at noon (primarily because we thought we came all this way for a beautiful oceanside destination wedding and wanted it to be light out during our reception.  We wanted us and our guests to be able to see the beautiful views during the entire wedding, not see darkness)  :)

 

Now our photographer was Alex with Juan Navarro Photography...and I know they post pics on their blog...so I wanted to let you know that I have no idea how the pics will turn out.  Our entire 10 days here have been pretty darn good weather-wise. But the morning of our wedding it was soooooooo windy...but NO RAIN!!! yay!!!  Nobody was out on the beaches here at the resort, it was a red flag day for the ocean rating.  Right before our ceremony started I saw that one chair kept blowing over at the gazebo before that guest took their seat.  Our ceremony was pretty windy as well as during our pics.  Alex did show me a pic in his viewer on his camera at one point and it was amazing, but I'm sure he got tons of shot with a little bit of my bangs blowing in my face.  But kudos to Mareya at the spa because except for the few shorter bangs I have that aren't long enough to clip to the side, my hair DID NOT MOVE!  :)  We had our reception on the terrace (amazing by the way!), and during our pics I figured I'd have to tell Cecilia to move our dinner inside, but we got back to our group and suddenly the wind died down and the weather was absolutely perfect!  I actually have zero regrets or ill feelings about the wind...I'm pretty excited about the pics.  I had him take some pics on the pier that is here (which was actually closed due to the windstorm, but he said we could do go out for a few minutes and try get something good). I think the stormy weather will possibly provide some great shots because the normally gentle ocean here at Dreams was so choppy!  The weather is always unpredictable no matter where you have your outdoor wedding  :)

 

Debbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rudebaga - I am sure your pictures will be beautiful - flying bangs and all!  I am excited for you to see the pictures show up on Navarro's blog.  I know I will be a nervous wreck when it is my turn to wait to see if mine came out well.  But with the beautiful backdrop at Dreams, I can't see how they could be anything other than fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know a good website to use to post the video of our wedding?  I have a lot of family who live far away and couldn't make it to the wedding and it would be so much easier just to send them a link to it.  I know I have seen other brides videos on here in the past but I can't remember where they loaded them too?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  Do you know where the rehearsal dinner is and what you get for that $33/pp?

 

Originally Posted by NurseM View Post

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sorry, I was wrong on that price I looked back at my emails, so if you want to have it at a restaurant it would be a private set menu for 15 dollars per person with the 11% and 15% gratuity and service tax. If you want to have it on the beach, terrace or garden it is 48$ pp. Sorry I sent the wrong info first. Claudia said she would need to know ahead of time so that she could block off that area and if it is at a restaurant it needs to be between 6:30-9pm.
 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Thanks!  Do you know where the rehearsal dinner is and what you get for that $33/pp?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseM View Post

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
  • Topics

×