Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

My parents were not booked yet so that is my mini panic attack! I hope to have it all sorted soon!!! I am freaking out just a little. Ok time to get stuff done, maybe this was the motivation I needed. I think its like this because its going into memorial day weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola ladies!

 

It is the morning after our wedding day and I just had to get on here and post! I know every bride says it, but we seriously had the most amazing, fun and perfect wedding here are Dreams Cancun!!!  Everyone was coming up to us telling us that is was the best wedding they have ever been to, even better than their own! haha! To all of you ladies...we all say it...DON'T STRESS, your wedding here will be amazing! During our meeting, I told our wedding coordinator, Cecilia, that we're very easy going and laid back when it comes to wedding planning and all the details.  She said to me that so many brides get so stressed out about the wedding and end up not have any fun during their vacation here.  She said "we do this all the time...let us handle everything for you."  So do not get stressed when you don't get an email back in weeks.  When it is a few weeks until your wedding date, that is when they really start getting everything set for you. I will get working on our review when we get home, and since we leave Dreams tomorrow, we will have to wait for our pictures to arrive via FedEx, so it may take a week or 2 for me to get some on here, but I should be getting pics that our friends/family took very soon!

 

And to clgriffi7:  It is always breezy/windy at the gazebo, so yes, fans are absolutely not necessary.  And we have stayed at Dreams twice now and have never had a problem with bugs here at the resort.  No bug spray needed.  I would only bring some in case it was needed in the jungle if you do one of the zip-line tours here...but we did one here during our last visit and had no problems with bugs there either.

 

Debbie  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!!!  And thank you for getting online the day after the wedding to reassure us all on how great everything will turn out.
I will look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your review - it is sad, but I wait for these like a kid at Christmas :-)

 

And thanks for answering my questions.  Everytime I see a new idea from other brides on this site I wonder if they would apply to us.  For instance, the last thing I saw was luminary table numbers...but I wonder if they would blow over with the wind of the beach.
 

Originally Posted by rudebaga View Post

Hola ladies!

 

It is the morning after our wedding day and I just had to get on here and post! I know every bride says it, but we seriously had the most amazing, fun and perfect wedding here are Dreams Cancun!!!  Everyone was coming up to us telling us that is was the best wedding they have ever been to, even better than their own! haha! To all of you ladies...we all say it...DON'T STRESS, your wedding here will be amazing! During our meeting, I told our wedding coordinator, Cecilia, that we're very easy going and laid back when it comes to wedding planning and all the details.  She said to me that so many brides get so stressed out about the wedding and end up not have any fun during their vacation here.  She said "we do this all the time...let us handle everything for you."  So do not get stressed when you don't get an email back in weeks.  When it is a few weeks until your wedding date, that is when they really start getting everything set for you. I will get working on our review when we get home, and since we leave Dreams tomorrow, we will have to wait for our pictures to arrive via FedEx, so it may take a week or 2 for me to get some on here, but I should be getting pics that our friends/family took very soon!

 

And to clgriffi7:  It is always breezy/windy at the gazebo, so yes, fans are absolutely not necessary.  And we have stayed at Dreams twice now and have never had a problem with bugs here at the resort.  No bug spray needed.  I would only bring some in case it was needed in the jungle if you do one of the zip-line tours here...but we did one here during our last visit and had no problems with bugs there either.

 

Debbie  :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to add this side note that I didn't put in my last post.  We had our ceremony at noon (primarily because we thought we came all this way for a beautiful oceanside destination wedding and wanted it to be light out during our reception.  We wanted us and our guests to be able to see the beautiful views during the entire wedding, not see darkness)  :)

 

Now our photographer was Alex with Juan Navarro Photography...and I know they post pics on their blog...so I wanted to let you know that I have no idea how the pics will turn out.  Our entire 10 days here have been pretty darn good weather-wise. But the morning of our wedding it was soooooooo windy...but NO RAIN!!! yay!!!  Nobody was out on the beaches here at the resort, it was a red flag day for the ocean rating.  Right before our ceremony started I saw that one chair kept blowing over at the gazebo before that guest took their seat.  Our ceremony was pretty windy as well as during our pics.  Alex did show me a pic in his viewer on his camera at one point and it was amazing, but I'm sure he got tons of shot with a little bit of my bangs blowing in my face.  But kudos to Mareya at the spa because except for the few shorter bangs I have that aren't long enough to clip to the side, my hair DID NOT MOVE!  :)  We had our reception on the terrace (amazing by the way!), and during our pics I figured I'd have to tell Cecilia to move our dinner inside, but we got back to our group and suddenly the wind died down and the weather was absolutely perfect!  I actually have zero regrets or ill feelings about the wind...I'm pretty excited about the pics.  I had him take some pics on the pier that is here (which was actually closed due to the windstorm, but he said we could do go out for a few minutes and try get something good). I think the stormy weather will possibly provide some great shots because the normally gentle ocean here at Dreams was so choppy!  The weather is always unpredictable no matter where you have your outdoor wedding  :)

 

Debbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rudebaga - I am sure your pictures will be beautiful - flying bangs and all!  I am excited for you to see the pictures show up on Navarro's blog.  I know I will be a nervous wreck when it is my turn to wait to see if mine came out well.  But with the beautiful backdrop at Dreams, I can't see how they could be anything other than fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know a good website to use to post the video of our wedding?  I have a lot of family who live far away and couldn't make it to the wedding and it would be so much easier just to send them a link to it.  I know I have seen other brides videos on here in the past but I can't remember where they loaded them too?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  Do you know where the rehearsal dinner is and what you get for that $33/pp?

 

Originally Posted by NurseM View Post

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sorry, I was wrong on that price I looked back at my emails, so if you want to have it at a restaurant it would be a private set menu for 15 dollars per person with the 11% and 15% gratuity and service tax. If you want to have it on the beach, terrace or garden it is 48$ pp. Sorry I sent the wrong info first. Claudia said she would need to know ahead of time so that she could block off that area and if it is at a restaurant it needs to be between 6:30-9pm.
 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Thanks!  Do you know where the rehearsal dinner is and what you get for that $33/pp?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseM View Post

Hey I just actually emailed Claudia about that today, I know the rehersal dinner is 26$ per person with the 11% service tax and 15% gratuity tax. But i just emailed her about the price of the actual rehersal. I will let you know when i know.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Congratulations and Welcome to the BDW forum!!  I have toured Sensatori Azul Beach Riviera Maya and it is a really nice resort. We had a group booked there a few years ago and they all had an awesome time.  I am one of the DR specialists and have stayed a few times at Now Onyx in Punta Cana.  I love, love, love the resort!!   There is an awesome adults only area & pool within the resort and they're in the process of adding a new family section with a new pool area. This is scheduled to be complated later this year.  The added bonus of adults being able to access Breathless Punta Cana is awesome, you get two resorts for the price of one! Another great family friendly resort in Punta Cana is Royalton Bavaro. They have a great lazy river with a swim up "grotto" bar, flow rider, tot water play area, mini golf, and Casino and sports bar/disco. There really is something for everyone. Now Onyx and Royalton Bavaro are both new resorts that just opened in the past few years. Rooms are modern&contemporary, food is great at both!  Please contact us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if we can answer any questions for you, send resort info, and check group rates for you.  We do not charge any service fees for our services and we're here to make the planning process as stress free as possible for you!! Thank you! TA Patty    
    • Hi there!! Congrats on your engagement. You have definitely come to the right place to plan your destination wedding -- this site is a gold mine for ideas and tips for destination couples. I was a destination bride myself 10 years ago and lived on this site obsessively for 2 years For the Dominican Republic, I think a great resort that fits what you're looking for is Now Onyx! They have amazing swimup suites, they are an oceanfront resort and best of all, they have both an incredible adults only section with the best pool area and a family friendly areas as well. The adults in your group will also have access to Breathless Punta Cana, which is next door where they have a great nightclub and casino but they can also use all the amenities there as well (as long as the property has not been bought out for your travel dates).  I along with a few agents of Wright Travel Agency, which is the official agency of this forum, stayed there for 4 days this past January and I was thoroughly impressed with the accommodations, amenities, food and excellent service. Also, they have an amazing wedding team there that does everything to please couples and give them the wedding of their dreams! If you want information about this resort and pricing, I suggest you contact Wright Travel Agency and one of their Dominican Republic specialist will get back to you! Wright Travel also has exclusive promos and discounts to many resorts -- including this one. There is a great promo called the Bride and Groom Fly Free credit, which can save you up to $1,000!!! You can contact them here www.wrighttravelagency.com or email directly at info@wrighttravelagency.com  Hope that helps and again, congrats!!! ❤️ 
    • I recommend reading this article
    • I'm looking to see if anyone has had a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun or any other resorts in Cancun with around 60 guests and could let me know how much they paid TOTAL for the ceremony, cocktail, and dinner reception. This includes flowers, decor, makeup hair, DJ, and all misc.  Thank you!
    • Hello Everyone, I am new here, I heard about this site from a friend of mine that had a destination wedding back in 2012 which was beautiful.  I am leaning towards the DR if I find a place that has all that I am looking for if not Mexico is another great option. Thinking of May 2020 if that is enough time to plan this! I like modern looks, all inclusive for sure.  I definitely want the beach very very close to the pools and rooms, a swim up bar is a must.  I really like the idea of the swim ups in the rooms if possible.  I am going to have friends that bring their kids so it can't be adult only.  I do want to get married on the beach which seems like most of the all inclusive resorts offer. My friend got married at the SENSATORI AZUL BEACH RESORT RIVIERA MAYA and it had all I would want in a resort if anyone has stayed there and has any advice. Thanks for all the help ahead of time.   M&B
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...