Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

17 days Joanna! That's insane!!! I'm so thrilled for you! I hope you guys have an AMAZING time! And I cannot wait to see photos!!!

THere have been so many problems with my TA so most days I have been sorting out peoples travel problems... like as soon as I start to enjoy a moment I get a call "They spelled my name wrong and booked me for the wrong days"... needless to say, not so great.... but we are so happy and excited!!

Are you all ready to go Joanna? Do you have everything on your list ready to be packed? Any last minute things to do and take care of?

I am wishing you an absolutely amazing wedding day and wonderful trip!! Keep us all posted on how things go :)

Hey, at least you're dealing with the travel agent problems NOW! For our wedding we dealt with them while at the airport (the babies didn't have seats... yeah, that was fun) and then at the resort (got put in wrong rooms and in wrong sections). So consider yourself lucky to be taking care of that 16 days in advance. LOL!!!

Oh I'm SO envious of you right now. Have a wonderful trip!

Have a great time Joanna and congrats in advance!!!

As for the credit card/debit card question - has anyone got a response on that yet? I'm pretty sure if your debit card is Visa or Mastercard backed, then it's not a problem bc they'll run it through the same system as the credit card system but it will come out of your bank account rather than be billed later.

I've gota question about drinks. Hoping yall can help me out. Yuritzia emailed me the price list:

National bar -$17/hr -- beer, rum, vodka, tequila, cocktails, gin, and whiskey

International bar - $24/hr -- beer, tequila, rum, vodka, whiskey, chivas, cutty sark, cocktails, gin, house wine, sparkling wine

Special cocktails - $5/hr -- beer, pina coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine

I'm kind of partial to pina coladas myself, but I'm wondering if pina coladas and margaritas and included in the national bar and international bar prices as cocktails, or are pina coladas and margaritas $5 extra per person. Also, is it worth the $24pp to get the international bar? My dad's kind of into chivas regal. What drinks exactly are included in the all inclusive anyhow? I heard Dos Equis definately is, but Corona is not. What other brands are included/excluded?

We've booked the Dolce Vita for dinner. We'll be doing a set menu... any recs?

Thanks ladies :)

PS... this weekend is supposed to be the hottest weekend for the whole summer in Houston- up into the 100s and very humid. I wonder if August in Mexico is going to feel like that all the time!

Hello! I'm not a huge review writer and my wedding day involved finding out about the Air Transat recall of passangers at the wedding dinner. My husband was misinformed by the photographer between the ceremony and the posed shots that we would be leaving the next day (5 days into a 14 day wedding and honeymoon). So for half of these pictures at least one of us thought we were flying out the next day!

I thought I'd post them because inspite of all the things that can go wrong a wedding at GBP is amazingly stress free and so worth it! Claudia, the photographer did a great job and Liam, the groom, did a great job of pretending!

http://claudiaphoto.com/slideshows/c...l/maggie_liam/