Semi-DIY invites are finally done!!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 dmarie17

• 276 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

I am really happy with how they turned out! I'm so glad that this project is done!! If anyone wants info on anything let me know... I'm too tired to do anything else tonight!

Okay, it's about a week later and since I've gotten a few PM's about instructions, I'm going to add it to this this post... Please bear with me if I'm not making sense... I had a root canal done on Thursday and I'm totally hopped up on Vicadin (so much more fun than wine!)

Okay, so it all started with a dream... just kidding. It actually started because I wasn't happy with any invitations that I found online or at stores. Nothing said 'me'. I was always planning on using the same lady who did my STD's because she was great and very reasonably priced. Here are the STD's if anyone is interested.
    Click the image to open in full size.

The response cards took me a bit longer because I couldn't decide on which 'yes or no' choices I wanted. She was VERY patient with me!! Finally after 3 or 4 proofs, we agreed on this:

Finding these pocketfolds was definitely the hardest part of this venture. For the life of me, I couldn't find a color that matched. I really didn't want to pay $2 a piece but in the end, I sucked it up and pretty much had to. I found these at a store called Archivers. They were $40 for a box of 25. If anyone is looking to use these, I found some great deals at a few other places (they just didn't have the right color). While Envelopements does have a lot of options, they are quite expensive. I got samples from Click the image to open in full size.

Next, I had Gwen (shes the lady at Click the image to open in full size.

Then I measured and cut a piece of ribbon that I found at Michaels and taped them to the blue thingys... This was a bit challenging and took some trial and error because glue didn't work and then the ribbon kept falling off so we just ended up using scotch tape.

If I haven't covered something or if anyone else has any ?'s, please feel free to PMme!

And here is the bottle of wine that I drank while doing them! Hopefully none of them got glued upside down!!

#2 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

Those look great! Did you just buy the paper and printed it yourself?

#3 Sherry

• 390 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

They're so pretty! Perfect for a destination wedding.

#4 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

That's awesome! I love wine! I plan to have an invite assembly party so I'm hoping to get everything glued before we crack open too many!

They look great! I think your guests will be really impressed!

#5 caracolgin

• 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

those look awesome

#6 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

They look awesome!!! Love the colours!!!

Where did you get the supplies??

#7 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:53 PM

They look awesome! Love that you showed us the bottle of wine you drank!

#8 Myda77

• 821 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:55 PM

You did a great job! They look professional, and the RSVP card is very cute.
                  Maida & Tomas
                  Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#9 Lorilou

• 533 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

those look fantastic, which parts were DIY and which weren't. i'd be impressed to receive those.

#10 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:20 AM

Those turned out cutes. I love the colors.
                      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users