35 replies to this topic

#11 becks

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

I vote for running them thru the printer. They look nice, and besides, that's the first thing to go in the trash.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

I don't think it's tacky to send clear labels. But if you have a pretty hand writting you should do it that way.

#13 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

I used a clear label with a nice font and they turned out great!

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#14 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

I Personally prefer laser printing right on the envelope or calligraphy. However, calligraphy can get expensive...my mom does it and did ours so that was nice and saved us some money. If those two options dont work I think the lables are totally fine.
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#15 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

We plan on using clear labels and a nice font too! Plus we have a bunch to do so works out best for our STDs......when it comes to the actual invites I will see how many I have to do then go from there!

#16 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

I'd say print right on the envelopes with a pretty font. I did this for our Engagment Party invites, and people thought they were calligraphered (SP?)
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#17 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

We had white envelopes for our invites, so I just used a white label with the same font that I used throughout the invites and the STD. It turned out great, but if I was using coloured envelopes, I probably would have just printed it right onto the envelope.
              I personally wounldn't spend the extra $ on the calligraphy for the envelope since who keeps the envelope?
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#18 diezelgrrl

• 67 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

I would do a nice font on a clear label. We did those for our invites and it came out pretty neat and not tacky at all!
                Plus my FI works for the post office and he frequently complains about 'fancy invitation writing' because they can be unclear and often misdelivered!

#19 junebride2b

• 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

I went through the same dread. I printed clear labels in blue script and they turned out fabulous!! I wouldn't change a thing..

#20 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

There are so many fonts these days that look like actual calligraphy that I doubt anyone will notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users