Do you still send gifts if not attending?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by DreaW
    I would just send her a card not a gift.
    That seems perfectly appropriate!

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#12 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

OK, I break all etiquitte rules...if I don't go, I don't send a gift. I know this is bad, but usually, if I don't go it's beacuse I can't afford to: a) travel, B) give a gift or c) both. And this is the same for friends and family. Occasionally I'll give a 1 year anniversary gift instead (and will point out "I didn't get you anything for your wedding, so I figured we'd get you something for you anniversary) but that is very rare. I

I'm like this with friends and family. So if it was someone I barely knew, I'd RSVP "No" and that would be the end of it. Just tell your friend you ahve prior engagements. Even if it is a concert, you bought the tickets before you got the invitation.
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#13 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

Well, it depends. In your case, I wouldnt, since you dont even know her.

But if a friend sends me an invite to a baby shower, bridal, etc, and I cant make it I normally send a gift...

#14 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

I would just get something small & send it with a friend that was going. I would not got all out or anything.

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#15 jessLL

• 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

That is indeed a very strange invitation. maybe she needs to meet the number of guests that she guaranteed. In the same situation I think I would send a card and small gift from her registry.

#16 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

Definitely sounds like she needs to meet a minimum. Or else you made quite an impression on her the few times you met her :-)

I would just rsvp my regrets to the shower. And for the wedding I would rsvp my regrets and write a little note wishing them well.

#17 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

Just sent a reply with thanks but no i'm already engaged but thanks for the thought and leave it at that. She sounds like she's after a pressie if you ask me!!

#18 Taradactyle

• 427 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

i'll usually send a gift, but it's because i know the couple pretty well. if i only met them four times, i wouldn't send a gift.
                  Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#19 Spazz

• VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

I always send gifts to showers and weddings that I can't attend. BUT I have never been invited to one where I only met the person a handful of times. So in your case, I would probably just send a card and maybe a small gift from her registry.

#20 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

If I knew the person really well and couldn't attend the wedding for whatever reason I would send a gift. Someone I've met 4 times does not fall into that category :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users