Sign in to follow this  
DLyteful

Had my first fitting today...$200 for just a bussell????? (pics)

Beautiful dress. I wouldn't think $200 for your bustle is too much. It looks intricate. It must be one of those with all the strings! Hopefully they color code it or number them.

My friend got charged $500 for a bustle and alterations, if that's any consolation.

My friend's mother is doing it for me and luckily only charging $70 to take the back in and the bustle.

Maybe you could try a different seamstress/tailor to see how much they charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilywu@ladhs.org View Post
I love you dress and you look so pretty in it. I was given a quote about $200 for the bustle. And yeah, I had the same question - didn't seem that big of a deal to do a bustle, but it may be because of the material they're dealing with. You would think for the price you pay for the dress, all of that should come with the package =)
Thanks! And you are so right. The bustle should totally be included.

Thank you so much for the compliments ladies!

The cost of just getting the bustle is just crazy…. But you guys have made me feel a little better. Now I donâ€t feel like Iâ€m the only one getting robbed. Now I know WE ALL ARE GETTING OR HAVE GOTTON ROBBED. But you know how it is, when you are not in it by yourself you always feel better.

The dress is BEAUTIFUL!! and I actually think you got a reasonable price for the bustle-- it looks like a pretty "complicated" bustle-- I paid about that much for a bustle on my dress...

Congrats-- you'll look amazing!

your dress is really pretty!

i got quoted $150 yesterday for hemming mine so that $200 doesn't sound that crazy but everything 'wedding' related is freakin expensive!