Laura Mercier Make-Up

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#11 fogdog

• 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:55 AM

I used almost all Laura Mercier for my wedding - tinted moisturizer (which I still use every day), loose powder, waterproof mascara, and lip gloss. It photographed beautifully and I was really happy with it. Incidentally, in 2 weddings I've been in before where I've had my makeup done, the makeup artists used Laura Mercier and it always photographed well.
    Bridget and Brian
    Los Cabos 11/17/07

#12 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

I used this brand for my wedding and have been really happy with it. In fact I still use it everyday and my face is really clear and it lasts all day.
    personally I don't like Mac because it makes you look really pale/ghost like in non-pro pics
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#13 Pazoop

• 223 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

I am absolutely devoted to Laura Mercier products! The only non-Laura Mercier product I use is drugstore mascara (Loreal Voluminous because it works just as well!)

Her products are great because she really sticks to neutral, natural tones for her face products so you look like you have flawless skin but not like you're wearing a ton of makeup (I found this happened on my skin a lot with MAC foundations and powders). I also love it because it does not make me break out like other products.

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
      Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#14 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

This is really good info ladies - I had no idea that certain make-up photogrpahed better than others...I have been a fan f smashbox for years, but never had professional pics taken! Thanks for this info....adding it to my list....

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#15 Martha

• VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Thanks ladies! I am glad to hear her line photographs well!

Now I just hope that the girls at Blue Mercury do a good job at applying it!

#16 sweet raisins

sweet raisins
          • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

Does anyone know if Bare Minerals Makeup photographs well?

#17 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

I've never used Laura Mercier but I heard it's pretty good. I'm a true follower of MAC for pics.. especially the foundation "Studio Tech". It gives an all-over even look

#18 beachbride08

• VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Maura
                laura mercier has good foundation.

have you tried smashbox? its specifically made for being photographed. i just bought about $170 worth of smashbox last week and LOVE it.
                Ulta has a Smashbox set on sale for $45 right now.

#19 arlene

• 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

I've used both Mercier and Armani. I was a big Mercier fan for a while, but maybe I got bored with it after a few years. I love Armani. All their products glide on and don't crease.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with two sets of makeup.

#20 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Lauren's right, I used Laura Mercier for my wedding! I love her stuff... easy to apply, good staying power, and I loved the natural look that they did for me! I still use the products daily, and have no complaints. Photographed beautifully too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users