Sign in to follow this  
SPRINGBRIDE

veil or no veil-that is the question

I saw pictures somewhere on here where the bride had a long veil and her bridesmaid held the bottom of it during the ceremony so it wasn't all up in her face. It looked really nice.

I could NOT have worn my veil. I did a practice run before my hair was done and thank goodness I did. The wind was SO bad that my veil wrapped around my face! And it wasn't long enough where I could hold it, or anyone else for that matter. So, it really stunk... I had grown on the idea of wearing a veil and feeling like a bride... but it just wasn't in the cards sad.gif

I wore a long veil- 65". I think that would work if it were a windy day. It doesn't seem like it would be that easy to get it to fly up and wrap around your face. More like around your torso. lol :)

every time i see veil written here i always think for a split second people are talking about VEAL. and i always feel like a total moron after. hahaha

AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I
hahah. your siggy pic cracks me uuuuuup... it looks like he is pushing you down in the water. "you got served" haha

I spent too much money on a veil, and initially I didn't think I would wear one. My FI mentioned that he wanted me in one, so I fell in love with this one, so now I feel like I have to wear it all night long,but it is beautiful. I like to wear it around periodically when FI is not home!

Haha thats awesome Marip123!!

Thanks everyone for your input..I thought I would ask because I didnt know if it was too much of a hassel and just nevermind with it!!!

I think a short veil will do the trick!

I'm wearing a really long veil, but it's a mantilla with embroidery and beading, so I think that will weigh it down a little. I've also read about some places putting little clear weights at the bottom of your veil to weigh it down if it's windy. I was thinking about asking my veil designer to do something like that.