Address on Dark envelopes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

Looking at your colors I think a metallic gold pen would look lovely on the dark brown envelopes. I used metallic silver on my dark pink envelopes and it really popped and added a little something special. Have fun!

#12 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

white or silver gel pen or transparent labels with light color ink.

#13 WSUgal

WSUgal
      • 96 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:34 AM

I had dark navy envelopes and used labels on mine! It will be a little time consuming, but the bonus with labels is that you can save the copy and keep it for the RSVP's, Thank You cards, and for holiday cards. So, it may be time consuming now, but it is worth it in the end!! Just my two cents! (BTW-I love you color scheme! Very pretty!)

#14 manda0812

manda0812
        • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

I was also going to suggest labels, and we to used them on the RSVP's and will use them for thank you's etc. a little bit of time up front saves so much time down the track.I wonder if you can buy gold or silver labels? and then you could print directly on them in chocolate.. mmm now that I suggest that I am going to google coloured labels..

#15 Baby_G

Baby_G
          • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

I used both Silver and Gold paint pens with my chocolate envelopes. I actually prefer using the Gold one since it stands out quite well.

#16 Opice34

Opice34
            • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

What about these? Paper Source has lots of different colored labels. You could use these ivory labels with chocolate colored ink? You could also get a small circle sticker to seal the back of the envelope to match.

Superfine Soft White File Folder Labels - Paper Source

#17 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

sarah, i have an answer for you about my laser printer at work -- its the xerox phaser 7300N

#18 Myda77

Myda77
              • 821 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

I am going to play around with the gold pen and I will also try a wrap around label and see which one I like the best. I already started working on a design for a label, and I might go in this direction because I could use it over again for invites. I will have to go to the craft store and get some supplies. Here is the prototype of the label.

Click the image to open in full size.
                Maida & Tomas
                Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#19 mikandtet

mikandtet
                • 67 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hi Myda,

We have the same wedding colors. Do you mind if I borrow your ribbon pix?

Thanks in advance!
                  ~*~The best revenge is living your life well~*~

#20 VinceBride2B

VinceBride2B
                  • 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

I also chose chocolate envelopes, and I printed the addresses myself using an aqua metallic marker type pen that I found at a scrapbooking store. It worked out really well, the color shows up great, and it shows the address very clearly. Also, it really pulled the color scheme together! I will post a pic just as soon as I can to show you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users