Photo

Address on Dark envelopes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Myda77

Myda77
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

I am sure some of you ladies may have encountered this problem, and I could use some advice. I will be sending out my STD's soon, and I wanted to use chocolate envelopes, but what should I do about getting the guest addresses on the front? I was thinking of making a label, but I would have to make one for each guest and that is so time consuming. I could also right the names in cursive with a gel pen in silver or gold. I have no clue what to do! I could switch to an aqua color envelope, but I love the way the chocolate looks. A sample of my wedding colors are below - chocolate brown, spring green and an aqua blue. Any suggestions?

Click the image to open in full size.
    Maida & Tomas
    Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

what about using a clear label with white text? you can just print them at home.

#3 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:44 PM

I like the idea of the silver gel pen- I think it would show up really well. Have you tested it out on the paper color?

#4 Myda77

Myda77
      • 821 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:44 PM

I had not thought of that. I was thinking of white text but didn't know how to get it on the envelope. Great suggestion!
        Maida & Tomas

#5 Myda77

Myda77
        • 821 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
          I like the idea of the silver gel pen- I think it would show up really well. Have you tested it out on the paper color?
          I have not tried it yet, but I had a friend who did it on her envelopes which were black and it didn't look horrible. If worse comes to worse I can go with the gel pen.
          Maida & Tomas

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:16 AM

I think gold writing (or silver) on those chocolate metallic envelopes looks lovely...

I'm not sure if you can actually print something in white- I always thought (at least for at-home printing) that white isn't actually something you print... it's the absence of color.

#7 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sarah
            I think gold writing (or silver) on those chocolate metallic envelopes looks lovely...

I'm not sure if you can actually print something in white- I always thought (at least for at-home printing) that white isn't actually something you print... it's the absence of color.
            i did it on my laser printer at work today for something that was going on a dark color, which is what made me think of suggesting it

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:20 AM

Very cool! I know you can't do it on all printers though. What kind of laser printer do you have?

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarah
              Very cool! I know you can't do it on all printers though. What kind of laser printer do you have?
              xerox phaser ....i forget the model number... 7700 maybe? i will have to look when i get to the office in the morning and get back to you. i was using avery clear address labels, which sometimes jam the printer because the paper/stickys are slick, but i found if i feed them from the side tray, it jams less often. my department of 4 people is the only dept on our floor that has our own color laser printer because we ship pages directly from our chicago office instead of going through NY and then to the printer, so i often use it for my own personal projects haha.

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:25 AM

Good to know... I need and am in the market for a new laser printer.
                Lucky girl!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users