Help me decide what kind of wedding band I should get!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

Ok, the recent thread on rings reminded me to ask you ladies for your opinion. I only have my e-ring, not the band yet and we really haven't done any serious shopping around for the band yet - it's one of those things we're putting off until the last minute, I am sure. Anyway, I have a few different things I am considering, and am leaning towards one of them and my fiance wants something different. I go back and forth!

I am also looking for any other ideas you may have! Please let me know if you have some ideas, but keep in mind I am pretty simple, and don't want something too flashy.

So below there are links to pictures that give you an idea of some of the options I am considering. can you help me choose my band?! I wish I could place them together somehow (the e-ring and band), since it would help me decide, but I don't know of a site where you can do that.

My Ring (not my actual ring, or where I even bought it, but close enough and it gives you a good enough idea): Platinum Asscher-Cut Three-Stone Ring (1 ct. tw.)

Option 1: plain platinum band
    Platinum 3mm Wedding Band

Option 2: Channel set princess cut diamonds going about 1/2 way around the platinum band
    Platinum Asscher-Cut Diamond Band (1/2 ct. tw.)

Option 3: Channel set princess cut diamonds going about all the way around the platinum band (eternity band)
    Platinum Princess-Cut Diamond Eternity Band

#2 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

I love the eternity band idea but I voted for halfway around, that is what I decided because the lady at the jewlery store told me the only problem with eternity bands is that they are hard to size, because you basically lose a diamond if they are too big or have to add diamonds if they are too small-which could get expensive.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 destinationbride07

• 631 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

I like option 2

#4 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

Ann, personally I love sparkly things, but that is just me. I think if you like plain things and don't like fussy things or too much detail then you should keep it simple and go for #1. Do you plan to wear both of them together? If you are going to wear both of them together then I think #2 and #3 are a bit much. Your finger is going to look busy (unless you like that look of course and then you should go for it). But b/c you have a main stone, and two side stones, I think getting a band with diamonds on it will be too much. But if your planning on eventually wearing the band by itself then it might be nice to have something like #3 so you still get the diamond effect. Just my opinion.

#5 AmyInMI

• 547 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

It also depends on how much you want to spend also! I would choose #2 most likely due to the sizing issues.
          Amy & Aaron
          May 10, 2008
          Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#6 JulieG

• VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

I voted for number 2. I think its the right about of sparkly. The 3rd one is just too much if you are more plain (not in a bad way of course). So, I say #2 but I see the allure of #1 as well, just not #3.

#7 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

I love this - thanks for all of the opinions ladies (keep 'em coming!).

The one thing I am not sure of about option #2 is if it keeps turning on my finger so that the diamonds aren't in the center will it drive me nuts?

And I don't know if I will want to wear just my band ever, w/o the e-ring. If I do I wonder if the plain band would just be too, well, plain. I'm not a fancy girl, but I do like my sparkle!

I hadn't thought about the sizing issues of an eternity band (#3) - so that helps.

#8 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Ann I swear we could be sisters on how much we have in common, I'm having mine bonded together to avoid the rings turning apart from each other. I didn't want to at first, but it would also drive me crazy fixing it all the time. :-)

#9 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Too dang funny - I actually had the ring and band from my first marriage bonded together. I don't know if I will do that this time just because I want the option of just wearing the band - but then I wonder when I would even want to do that anyway ...

I am the most indecisive person! Maybe I could just get 2 bands ... hmmmm ... (yea right!)

#10 leigh miller

leigh miller
                  • 936 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

#3 - you know what size ring you wear right? your finger size wont change that much over the years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users