Was a June 5,2009 Dreams Cancun bride but...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lindsey

• 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi everyone!!! My name is Lindsey and I am super excited to become a member in the forum! I was a June 5, 2009 Dreams Cancun bride but am no longer. The story goes like this....My boyrfriend and I (of almost 6 years) are working up the courage to finally get married- we even set a date, but didn't tell the family yet because there is a little obstacle that he is petrified of- called engagement. I wish we could just cut to the chase and get married!!! Anyway, my cousin announced to the entire family last week that she will be getting married June 6, 2009 in Wichita, KS. Are you kidding me? Of all dates for the entire year- she picks the day after mine in a completely different country!!! Ahhhh.... So, as of now, I have no idea when, where, or if I will get married nexy year!!!! Long story, but the point is that I am excited to get to know the forum and use everyone's fantastic advice to help determine answers to all of these questions!!!

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

Welcome Lindsey! Seems like a lot of us have gone through this opstacle of the engagement stage. You will get through it and we here for sure will help you!

#3 Lindsey

• 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the support!!! I need all the help that I can get!!! As you can see, I am certainly a lurker. I used the forum to help me decide Dreams to begin with. More than likely we will keep the venue, but change the date.

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hi Lindsey! Welcome to official-ness!

#5 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

You don't need an engagement lol my friend recently got engaged the day before she got married lol worked out fine - so don't worry it'll work out great

#6 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

WELCOME! Excited to hear when your date will be...
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

#7 PamelaLuedekePhoto

• 93 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi Lindsey!

There's a reason for it

watch there be a horrible storm or something on that day! Way to keep a positive attitude, keep that going! I myself was in a long (6 years) relationship and the words "engagement" and "marriage" are a little hard for guys to swallow sometimes, they get over it

Best Wishes to you, stay positive and positive things will come your way!

<3 Pamela

#8 tlomlad

• Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

welcome to the forum if you have any questions about dreams just ask!!!

#9 JulieG

• VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

I hope you get to pick a date soon and tell your family's before anyone else picks that date. It should give your FH a reason to pick a date now and tell everyone, don't want the same thing to happen again. :)

#10 Spazz

• VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

to the forum! Don't worry, your day will come! Hope we can help you get ready for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users