6pm ceremony = what time for hair appointment?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

My wedding ceremony is at 6pm, what time should I schedule hair/make-up appointments for? The wedding will be outside on the beach so I don't want it to be lifeless if I schedule it too early. I also have 3 bridesmaids that will want theirs done too.

#2 JessicaM

• Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

I was just trying to figure this out myself yesterday! I think I might start at 3pm because I also have 3-4 people who are having their hair done too.

#3 jfwolfe72

• 433 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

My ceremony is a 5 pm and my WC suggested that I start on my hair and make-up no later than 1 pm.

#4 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Are you doing pics before hand? I am not and for my 5pm wedding I have my hair and make up appt at 1pm.

#5 jenvh

• 135 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

My ceremony is at 5pm and I think the hair and makeup people are coming at 3 or so. But the photographer is coming at 3:30 and will take pics of me getting ready. Originally I think my WC scheduled them earlier but I worried about my hair falling and me wiping off my makeup because I tend to touch my face alot. I don't have bridesmaids so no one else will be getting "done" before the wedding.

#6 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

We arent doing pictures beforehand. Also, the salon is down the street and they do not send people to the hotel. So we might be able to have different people do all of our hair. So that may take less time.

#7 Otis1230

• 130 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

My ceremony is 5pm anf the spa made all the reservations starting at 1pm- the photographer is coming at 330 to start pics with the groomsman and than the bridesmaid. Due to lighting issues after 6pm
                Michael & Lisa
                April 25th, 2008
                Paradisus Punta Cana

#8 AmandaR

• 241 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

My wedding is at 1 pm, and I am not having pictures taken before the ceremony, so my hair/make-up appt is set for 11 am at the resort's spa. So, I would say that you're OK starting by 4 pm. I'd personally like more than 2 hours to do everything - hair, make-up, getting dressed, get to the altar, but I do understand that the resort does have at least 1 wedding earlier than mine, and that bride probably has a hair/make-up appt too. Plus, that's less time for me to totally mess up what they put together for me!

#9 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

I think it totally depends on if teh 4 of you have 4 different stylists, or if you are all being done by the same stylist. I think you should plan 2 hours for your hair appointment (in case it starts late, and it often takes over an hour) plus then allow sufficient time for make-up/getting dressed and photos if necessary. So if no photos before, I would say at least 3 hours before for your hair, you don't want to be rushed. If the same stylist is doing everyone's hair you probalby want to allow like 5 hours to do all 4 of you (that sounds crazy!) so then you would have to start real early.

I left A LOT of time between hair and ceremony, and I don't regret it one bit. My wedding day was so so relaxing and I had time to take everything in and enjoy it - I remember every bit of the day, whereas I've heard others say they were so rushed it's all a blur.

Initially I wanted to spend the morning on the beach, but I'm so glad I started getting ready early, it's really much more important to be relaxed and not rushed on your wedding day than to spend a couple hours on the beach.

#10 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

I ended up booking us all hair appointments for 1pm and my make up is at 2:15. This should give us plenty of time to get dressed and have pictures and whatnot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users