Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9711 Catish11

Catish11
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

great!!! Congrats!! And cant wait to hear!! 

#9712 chelsrj

chelsrj
    • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi Brides!

I leave one week from today for my Aug 17th wedding in Playa! Can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me!

I had a quick question regarding the pressing service - did any of you use that? I'm a little nervous to let some stranger take my dress but also know it will need a good pressing after being crammed into the airplane closet. Can anyone give me a run down on how that worked? Thanks!

#9713 deniden

deniden
      • Site Supporter
      • 355 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
      • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by chelsrj 

Hi Brides!

I leave one week from today for my Aug 17th wedding in Playa! Can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me!

I had a quick question regarding the pressing service - did any of you use that? I'm a little nervous to let some stranger take my dress but also know it will need a good pressing after being crammed into the airplane closet. Can anyone give me a run down on how that worked? Thanks!

We used it for both my dress and DH's suit. When we checked in, I reminded them, as we had already set up a pick up time for the people to pick it up. The hotel's staff will pick up your stuff and they will tell you it will take 24 hours. We ran into an issue where they didn't deliver the stuff when they said they would, so my WC handled it. We ended up getting the stuff back a couple of hours later (they send the stuff off-site), and we just had to be in the room when they did pick-up & drop-off. They did a great job! No complaints!

#9714 chelsrj

chelsrj
      • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

What about tipping? Did you tip everyone including the WC? I'm trying to figure out how much cash I should bring for stuff like that - between the DJ, waiter, WC, Mexican Trio, etc. it can add up! What did you past brides do?

#9715 jordanb

jordanb
        • 185 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Jordon--- I had my hair done at the Spa at RPD... Zupita did my hair and she did such an amazing job!!! I have long hair so I wanted half up half down curled. She did just that and Im pretty sure she used a whole bottle of hair spray which was fine with me cause my hair didnt fall at all!! My 5 bridesmaides had their hair done there 2 and they were all very pleased with it... I did not have my make up done so I cant help with that but there was a girl getting her's done while I was there and it looked pretty! I just took like 3 differnt pics all the same concept and told her to create something out of the 3 :) I didnt do a trial, I felt kinda nervous but everything turned out just fine.

That's so good to know- thank you!!!!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9716 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Love your senor/senora signs- totally almost bought the same ones on Etsy!!!

Got my official pics in from Funever so I thought I'd share a few. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9717 jordanb

jordanb
            • 185 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Thank you! The pictures- and the review as a whole- was very helpful!!!

Not really sure - our guys all wore collared button-down shirts or polo shirts. Sorry, I didn't really notice. If you go to my review of the Royal, I have pics of several of my girls who had hair or makeup done there. None of them even brought pics and loved how their hair and makeup were done! Gorgeous! They did a nice job!!

#9718 jaruszen

jaruszen
              • Site Supporter
              • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

hi!  does anyone know if the Royal has the ability to set up a webcam for the ceremony?  sadly, my grandmother won't be able to make it and it would be fabulous if they do something like that.  it breaks my heart that she won't be there.  i know some of the other resorts offer it.

also, have you heard anything or have experience with the violinist at the Royal for the ceremony?  a duo?  any information would be helpful!  i haven't found much on here about it.

thanks!

#9719 safety75

safety75
                • 287 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

I'd like to know this as well- a webcam would be great so people back home that can't go can watch!

#9720 ralexa2

ralexa2
                  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

I just posted a review on my July 21st wedding if anyone wants to take a look. Feel free to email me with any questions. Cheers.

http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/6395

here was out wedding website if anyone is still working on theirs and wants reference. http://steven-rachel12.ourwedding.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users