Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts


Well my mom is flying mexicana but operated by AA so she doens't have any changes but ours where regular Mexican flights so they are now cancelled. I would check with your TA or call them directly to be sure.

 

good luck :)
 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

Hey ladies, I'm confused about this Mexicana stuff. Does your flight info actually say Mexicana on it or does it say AA? Would I have been notified by now if I was affected?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

 

Hey ladies, I'm confused about this Mexicana stuff. Does your flight info actually say Mexicana on it or does it say AA? Would I have been notified by now if I was affected?

 

Hey Lisa! It will say Mexicana Airlines somewhere on your itinerary. I'll look mine up and tell you the wording but it will actually say that, not just AA. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post


Well my mom is flying mexicana but operated by AA so she doens't have any changes but ours where regular Mexican flights so they are now cancelled. I would check with your TA or call them directly to be sure.

 

good luck :)
 


 




Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post




Hey Lisa! It will say Mexicana Airlines somewhere on your itinerary. I'll look mine up and tell you the wording but it will actually say that, not just AA. :)

Thanks, ladies!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! Hope all of your planning is going well :-). I, too, am freaked out by this Mexicana business. We have 33 people booked and about half are on Mexicana. Out of that half, probably 85% booked through online agencies (Expedia and Priceline) who are NOT being helpful at all, even for the guests with trip insurance.  I just don't know what to do. As Jes said, the guests are not pleased to have to fork over even more money!

 

Jes, 

My keycard thread has the template and the vendor I used. It's in my siggy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope this all works out for you ladies dealing with this. Any reason why they canceled all these flights?

 

**Sending positive travel vibes your way***
 

Originally Posted by msglave View Post

Hey ladies! Hope all of your planning is going well :-). I, too, am freaked out by this Mexicana business. We have 33 people booked and about half are on Mexicana. Out of that half, probably 85% booked through online agencies (Expedia and Priceline) who are NOT being helpful at all, even for the guests with trip insurance.  I just don't know what to do. As Jes said, the guests are not pleased to have to fork over even more money!

 

Jes, 

My keycard thread has the template and the vendor I used. It's in my siggy. Let me know if you have any questions.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Risa!

 

Ya Mexicana went bankrupt and called all their flights. The company has officially gone under.

 

Msgalve - I would highly recommend having your guests call their credit card companies asap and dispute the charges

 

 

Mexicana does have a refund link but I am being told it can take up to 6 months receive that refund if at all. So right now the best thing is to call your credit card company and dispute the charges in order to get the money back.

 

 

This is beyond stressful. I don't know how I am going to explain to my guests that they now have to pay $600 when they had previously paid $350 for their flights. I am so beside myself that I had to leave work today. I am waiting to hear from our TA. Apperantly the tour operators are talking with mexicana to see if they can get the money back. This way we can transfer and just pay the difference. Which still really sucks because the flights are so much more but better than everyone losing their money.

 

FI thinks I should contact Oprah ahaha I was like babe I don't think that will resolve anything right now but it was a good try

 

 

I will keep you ladies posted as the saga continues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry that you're dealing with this BS, Jes!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, everything will work out in the end! Stay positive :)

 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

Thanks Risa!

 

Ya Mexicana went bankrupt and called all their flights. The company has officially gone under.

 

Msgalve - I would highly recommend having your guests call their credit card companies asap and dispute the charges

 

 

Mexicana does have a refund link but I am being told it can take up to 6 months receive that refund if at all. So right now the best thing is to call your credit card company and dispute the charges in order to get the money back.

 

 

This is beyond stressful. I don't know how I am going to explain to my guests that they now have to pay $600 when they had previously paid $350 for their flights. I am so beside myself that I had to leave work today. I am waiting to hear from our TA. Apperantly the tour operators are talking with mexicana to see if they can get the money back. This way we can transfer and just pay the difference. Which still really sucks because the flights are so much more but better than everyone losing their money.

 

FI thinks I should contact Oprah ahaha I was like babe I don't think that will resolve anything right now but it was a good try

 

 

I will keep you ladies posted as the saga continues



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks Girafexx! the support right now means a lot

 

for anyone having the same issue I just found out for anyone traveling between now and September 20th Aeromexico is helping out and offering discounted tickets for Mexicana passengers. I am not sure if anyone on here affected during that time period but in case here is the link.

 

http://www.aeromexico.com/en_us/am-feature/MagazineArticleDetail.aspx?id=8981

 

I hope it can help someone out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Brides to be! Its taken me a while reading through all the pages but I finally finished.  Everything was very helpful but I still have some questions.  I haven't booked my date yet but will be calling soon.  I was wondering if 5th Ave is still alive and fun on a wed. night at like 11 pm.  We were thinking of having just a dinner reception and then going to 5th ave after for dancing and drinks. But if nothing is going to be open or if not that many people will be around then I don't want to book my wedding on a wed night. What to do. . .

On another note, sorry to hear all the frustration and complications with the airlines. Looking forward to read more replies and posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

Thanks Risa!

 

Ya Mexicana went bankrupt and called all their flights. The company has officially gone under.

 

Msgalve - I would highly recommend having your guests call their credit card companies asap and dispute the charges

 

 

Mexicana does have a refund link but I am being told it can take up to 6 months receive that refund if at all. So right now the best thing is to call your credit card company and dispute the charges in order to get the money back.

 

 

This is beyond stressful. I don't know how I am going to explain to my guests that they now have to pay $600 when they had previously paid $350 for their flights. I am so beside myself that I had to leave work today. I am waiting to hear from our TA. Apperantly the tour operators are talking with mexicana to see if they can get the money back. This way we can transfer and just pay the difference. Which still really sucks because the flights are so much more but better than everyone losing their money.

 

FI thinks I should contact Oprah ahaha I was like babe I don't think that will resolve anything right now but it was a good try

 

 

I will keep you ladies posted as the saga continues



I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I can't imagine how you feel right now.  Keep us posted, I hope everything works out for you. 

 

I've been keeping an eye on airfare for my date and it continies to increase.  I was also considering going back down to Playa in October and surprising my fiance with a trip for his 30th and the airfare is outrageous right now, I got got quoted $1700 for 2 tickets (nonstop flights).  Last October airfare was $200 each, it really is crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×