Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

I was told that the minister was free if you stay in an ocean front or higher for 4 nights or more

Really?!? That could be good to know! I need to follow up on this for sure!

Originally Posted by Fancy That View Post

Hey "Oct.9-10-11 Crew" :)

My main wedding colors are 'spring green & ivory' with a 'dark fuschia' accent.  I don't have any fun tumblers planned, but maybe I should order some? If so - mine will be green!  So between the three of us - there will be turquoise, pink and green tumblers running around the Royal PDC that week! :)

Now to go find the Sand Ceremony stuff and start getting the actual vows/copy put together for the "flow" of the ceremony!

LOVE the colors!! VERY similar to what I was thinking...lightish green, champagne & a dark pink/purple accent (like the center of an orchid)! I can't wait to see your pics and how it all looks since you'll be about 6 months ahead of me :-)

And, of course... welcome & congrats to Heidi!!

I was told that the minister was free if you stay in an ocean front or higher for 4 nights or more

Really? I am gonna try to follow up on that...if that is the case that would be amazing!!

Thanks for the info. :)

Thanks y'all!  I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear how their big day turns out!  I am becoming obsessed with finding pictures of different ways to set up the wedding and reception there!

I have a question - Did y'all go with group bookings or individuals bookings for your guests accomodations?

I am not sure what the best route is.  We got a quote from the travel agent we selected for 15 rooms at a group price.  Then she told me that after those 15 rooms get booked they can not guarantee the rates for anyone else who books.  What?! 

Happy Hump Day! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Heidi82 View Post

Thanks y'all!  I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear how their big day turns out!  I am becoming obsessed with finding pictures of different ways to set up the wedding and reception there!

I have a question - Did y'all go with group bookings or individuals bookings for your guests accomodations?

I am not sure what the best route is.  We got a quote from the travel agent we selected for 15 rooms at a group price.  Then she told me that after those 15 rooms get booked they can not guarantee the rates for anyone else who books.  What?! 

Happy Hump Day! cheesy.gif

My advice is to go with individual bookings.  We ended up getting a group of 20 rooms and it was a big mistake. And yep...the "cant guarantee after the group fills" is standard procedure.

The 1st problem is that we really overestimated the amount of people who were going to come.  About half the people who told us they were "definitely" coming, aren't coming at all.  The typical rule is about 20% of invitees to a destination wedding actually come, and that is true with our group.

The 2nd problem is that people do not book on time.  Group bookings deadlines for all inclusives are very early, and people don't get that you are totally f-ed if the rooms don't get booked.  We had our original "deadline" in mid-July and only about 4 rooms were booked by then.

The 3rd problem is it is SUPER stressful!  This has been the cause of almost all my stress with the wedding.

We ended up canceling 8 of the rooms (the max we could without penalty)...and luckily our TA didn't charge us an administration fee. 

The only reason I would ever do a group is if you are getting married during a very popular time of year down there...which seems to be around March - mid-May or around the holidays.  In that case, I personally would get 10 rooms based on every 100 people you invite.

Hope this helps!  I don't want anyone to go through all the stress I have booking these group rooms.

Definitely go with individual bookings!!! We have enough problems with people booking thinking they can cram a million people into one room and then split the cost. Apparently some think they are still in college although we are all in our 30's. I finally came to the conclusion, if you don't want to go, don't. The important people are coming although I hope the Royal will refund some money of those who aren't coming.

Hi ladies does anyone remember the site that sells really inexpensive items for oot bags like advil, immodium etc? RunningBride you may have been telling me about it but I can't remember.

Just ordered all our bags and mugs wooo hooo

Really? This will be the case for me, so I hope it's true.

Hi ladies does anyone remember the site that sells really inexpensive items for oot bags like advil, immodium etc? RunningBride you may have been telling me about it but I can't remember.

Just ordered all our bags and mugs wooo hooo

I just ordered my mugs, shot glasses, and bags, too!