Photo

How did the airlines handle your wedding dresses?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

We will be flying from Calgary to Jamaica with stopovers, how were your dresses handled?

#2 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

UG. We flew Air Transat from Calgary. They didnt have room in their closet for my dress, so I had to fold it up and put it in the overhead bin. Then other passengers put all their stuff on top of my dress!!! GRRR. So then I got up and moved stuff around. It wasnt the greatest. Luckily the humidity in Jamaica helped smoothe out any creases in my dress and it was fine.
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

I hung it in a closet from Missouri to Dallas and then from Dallas to Jamaica I had one whole overhead for my dress so just the bottom got folder a bit but it was fine. Oh we flew American.

#4 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
        • 215 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

People put stuff on top of your dress?! I hope they didn't realize what was underneath and it was accidental! I told our family and friends that are on our flight to book seats around us so we can monopolize the overhead bin!

#5 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

First tell the flight attendants. Sometimes they will store it for you even in coach.

#6 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

I can't believe someone would be so rude to put stuff on your wedding dress! I haven't even thought this far ahead...one more thing to stress over closer to the wedding!

#7 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
              • 186 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

dont fret ladies...i hear Chandlyn will take your dress to be steamed prior to the wedding.

#8 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

There have been a few threads on this... many of the closets in first class are too small for a wedding dress. We flew US Air, and I put mine in an overhead bin (with DH's tux - no luggage!). It was perfect when we got to Jamaica, and my dress was duchess silk satin, which wrinkles really easily. The humidity in Jamaica will take care of any wrinkles you get, so no worries...

#9 mopher

mopher
                  • 60 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

We flew skyservice and they were great. They hung the dress and tux in the cockpit for us.

it is so humid in Jamaica that I am sure it won't be hard for the wrinkles to come out if you end up with any.

#10 crawford2B

crawford2B
                    • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

I have been so worried about this. My dress has a few wrinkles in it now. I was debating getting it steamed prior to us leaving, but everyone said wait because of the flight. Chandlyn also siad there is steaming available (for extra of course)! I am glad to hear about the humidity! That is great to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users