Sign in to follow this  
Nene

Cost of wedding bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nene View Post
Melanie your wedding web site is beautiful!
I just checked it out now, too! It is so beautiful! We're going to start our wedding web site this week so that will be great inspiration for us.

Mine was around 5 and his was 2... so to me it sounds just fine. It all depends on what you want. Remember, this is a ring to wear for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
I got Chris's band from SilverDepot Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry | Titanium | Tungsten | Stainless Steel | Fashion Jewelry | SilverDepot.com

Paid $11 plus shipping for a GORGEOUS tungsten band. Thanks to this forum!!! WOOT!

Look quick, their site is going down monday for servicing!!
how long will it be down? i was planning to get mike's ring from here. I still need to confirm his size.

I agree--mokume rings are gorgeous, but they definitely tend to be pricier. If you're looking for more unusual or artistic rings, we've found the Clay Pot ( The Clay Pot) in Brooklyn, NY to be incredibly helpful. They have a really cool selection of different rings, don't work on commission, and most of their stuff comes from individual designers. They'll communicate over email or phone, and have been really great to work with.

As for having other jewelers copy a ring, it can be less expensive. But with rings like these, from unique designers, it doesn't really make as much sense. They're not as easy to duplicate, so will end up costing almost as much while not providing the benefit to the person who designed the ring. (I'm all about supporting individual artisans when I can!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
how long will it be down? i was planning to get mike's ring from here. I still need to confirm his size.
Just till Thursday wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
I got Chris's band from SilverDepot Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry | Titanium | Tungsten | Stainless Steel | Fashion Jewelry | SilverDepot.com

Paid $11 plus shipping for a GORGEOUS tungsten band. Thanks to this forum!!! WOOT!

Look quick, their site is going down monday for servicing!!
I was trying to order from there a few months ago and everything was out of stock. The ring we got on ebay is a little big, so I think I may try ordering from the site again. Which one did you order? I can't find the width of the rings and Mike wants a thinner band.